New to fitbit

Options
AEcklar813
AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
Hey everyone. I am new to fitbit. Looking for some new friends. https://www.fitbit.com/user/2YV9VN

Also, I have it all linked to MFP. It automatically adjusts my day which leaves me with TONS of leftover cals. Is this normal?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Sure - means you are burning more than MFP estimated you would with no exercise being done.
    - On days you did no exercise, if getting positive cals too - it means you picked the wrong activity level on MFP. Should increase it to make planning easier.

Since you merely need to eat less than you burn, MFP was estimating burn with no exercise.
    You were supposed to log it when actually done.
    That increases daily burn, take a deficit off, you eat more than days you don't exercise.

Same thing happens with Fitbit now, except no estimated initial value, Fitbit is always reporting what you have burned, and MFP is always adjusting to that more accurate number.
    And then taking your deficit off for eating goal to lose weight.

Eat up!
  • stevew_68
    stevew_68 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Good explanation. Thanks.
  • randyjuggler
    Options
    I'm a newbie.
    I joined MFP last week and just bought a Flex today.
    Motivated to get/stay in shape!
    Looking for some friends on either platform.
    Thanks!
    public url: //www.fitbit.com/user/2ZGZ2Y
  • Bjem83
    Options
    I am looking for friends who do both :)https://www.fitbit.com/user/2YWQWP
  • julietmccoy
    Options
    What does the dongle do and my Fitbit charger is not posting my steps are anything to fp and fb is not adding info the other way either
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    What does the dongle do and my Fitbit charger is not posting my steps are anything to fp and fb is not adding info the other way either

Huh?

Dongle talks to your device to sync the stats from it to the computer - from the computer to your Fitbit account.

Fitbit charger as in what charges your Fitbit device? Or the Fitbit Charge as the device?

Are steps shown on the device?

"fb is not adding info the other way either" - what is this "other way" you are talking about?

So the steps as seen on your device are not showing up in your Fitbit account?

If you don't know what the dongle is for, I think I know what the problem is.
    You must install software on your computer (Fitbit Connect) to talk to the device through the dongle, and it then sends the info to your Fitbit account.
    Do you have the software installed, and the dongle installed after that?