Fitbit w iOS Health app

Options
I have my iPhone iOS 8 Health app linked to MFP.
Now I just purchased a FitBit and linked that as well.

I think it may be doubling up on the numbers, adding calories burned from both of them for the same activity.
Does anyone know if this is the case?

And if so, how can I unlink my iOS from MFP?
(I did look on the boards which says go the the Apps tab, but when I do I do not see iOS Health as one of my linked apps.)

Thanks for any help!

Replies

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am using the Fitbit Charge. When I log a extra workout other than walking such as weight lifting or Insanity here on MFP I always include a start time for the activity, that way Fitbit doesn't add calories burned to MFP for that period of time. Sometimes I don't see those calories adjusted from Fitbit till the next day, but they are always removed, though.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    That's a little different having 1 external site feeding Fitbit, replacing what it estimated for that time.

But have Health app send info to MFP and Fitbit, and then MFP will also send it to Fitbit too, same time doesn't matter, 2 records will be created on Fitbit.
    One must be disconnected.
  • randyjuggler
    Options
    Thanks for the help!

I just discovered how to select which device I want to use to count steps.
    Although they were both counting, I now see that only one was being counted towards my total.

As for adding the excretes time so that Fitbit doesn't count other logged exercise....when I use MapMyFitness to log exercise, it automatically logs the workout with a time, so can I assume that Fitbit won't be counting (doubling) that calorie burn as well?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Don't assume anything.

If MMF syncs to MFP and Fitbit both with time and duration and calorie burn, then Fitbit gets an activity from external source MMF, and then MFP also syncs it's workouts over to Fitbit too, so it gets another one from MFP same time/duration/calorie burn.

Only 1 workout replaces what Fitbit had originally - the second one doubles it.

If MMF ONLY syncs to Fitbit - then safe.
    If to both - mistakes.