Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Breakfasts

Those of you following the Eat to Live lifestyle....what are your typical breakfasts?

Replies

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 4,051 Member
    edited November 2014
    Hi coueswhitetail. I generally either have oatmeal with blueberries, chia seeds and walnuts or a smoothie with water, spinach, frozen berries, chia seeds and a scoop of plant protein. On weekends when I have more time I might make a tofu scramble or some whole grain pancakes.

Welcome to the ETL group! :)

ETA: feel free to jump into the November thread if you like.
  • I've been doing the "Cheesy" Kale Hulled Barley Recipe for Breakfast, Steel Cut Oats n Fruit OR a green smoothie.
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 4,051 Member
    Hi Kymmie, the barley sounds good, where is that recipe?
  • hi, it was in the eat to live cookbook but not in the breakfast section
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    I like brown rice with a teaspoon of honey and a tiny sprinkle of salt- it's a bit like sweet and salty popcorn..
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Thanks for the ideas!
  • whats_her_name
    whats_her_name Posts: 716 Member
    One of my FAVORITE breakfasts is overnight oats.

3/4 cup almond milk
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    2 tbsp maple syrup
    1 tbsp cocoa nibs
    2 tbsp chia seeds (or ground flax seed - really tasty either way)
    1/2 cup pomegranate seeds

I also often have fresh fruit bowls with any fruit I have on hand, and I also often have green smoothies with any frozen fruit I have on hand.

I have a recipe for breakfast cookies, but I haven't tried them yet. If they're good, I'll post the recipe here. It's essentially like baked overnight oats...
  • whats_her_name
    whats_her_name Posts: 716 Member
    Kymmu wrote: »
    I like brown rice with a teaspoon of honey and a tiny sprinkle of salt- it's a bit like sweet and salty popcorn..

mmm.. sounds interesting, I think I might have to try that!!

• julgwill
    julgwill Posts: 18 Member
    I have a green smoothie every day with kale, spinach, chard, berries and bananas and flax seeds. Sometimes, if I need more carbs for a workout, I make oatmeal with cinnamon and blueberries, but I only have about 3/4 a cup of oatmeal with my smoothie. I am usually pretty full after that.