The Pacific Northwest Trail Page :)

Options
lika50
lika50 Posts: 140 Member
Hello! Just an FYI... I created a facebook page for The Pacific Northwest Trail Thru-Hikers. There are so many pages for the PCT and AT, but none for this lesser known trail. It's my dream to hike the PNT (as well as the PCT, etc) and would love to connect with folks who'd like to hike it as well!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/769540219766148/769546106432226/?notif_t=like

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I like the idea, but frankly, I don't know when I could have time to hike the AT, let alone the PCT or PNNST.
  • lika50
    Options
    We're planning to section hike some of the PCT these next couple of years. The PNT - being only 1200 miles - seems more doable to me with regard to time constraints, etc. I really just want to put on my boots and go...
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    That is a good point. I wonder what a reasonable pace for this trail would be, if done during summer? If one could reasonably go 20 miles / day, that is only 2 months. If 15 miles / day, that is just under 3 months. I can't possibly do a thru-hike of even 2 months, but I agree that it is more realistic than the AT in that regard. With that said, it may just elevate this above the AT for me.
  • lika50
    Options
    I found a blog where the girl did it in roughly 65 days. Fingers crossed - something may come up where you can hike it. You never know! :)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    My brother and I keep talking about taking a week off and hiking Glacier National Park from the Bowman Lake trailhead to the Waterton Lakes National Park reception center. We haven't figured out dates yet, but I'm hoping either Aug. 2015 or Aug. 2016. It is a 3-5 day hike (depending on pace), and figure that we can spend the weekend on either side driving up there and back. It is about 20-25 hours of driving from where I live, and 3-4 more hours from where he lives. The plan is to drive separately to Waterton Lakes (20 hours driving for me, assuming no breaks or delays), leave one of our vehicles there and ride together to Glacier National Park - Bowman Lake (4-5 hours driving). From there, we have the route figured out, just not decided on the daily distance. When we get into Canada, we can pick up the car left there, ride together to the other vehicle to pick it up, and probably stop for some food before heading back home.
  • lika50
    Options
    That sounds like a fun adventure!
  • OldChief14
    OldChief14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    joining the page! I may never be within 500 miles of the PNT but a guy can dream
  • lika50
    Options
    OldChief14 wrote: »
    joining the page! I may never be within 500 miles of the PNT but a guy can dream

Glad to have you! :)