2014, an emotional year

Options
Kabiti
Kabiti Posts: 191 Member
I really want to get back on track. 2014 was a terribly emotional year for me and a diuretic I'm on didn't help w/ cravings either (SALT).

In 2013 the emotions were worse, leading me to not eat and kick start a healthy diet. Late 2013 and all of 2014 have been stressful, the (hopefully temporary) loss of certain family members, and a whole TON of eustress, too. The happy times are as bad as my horrible days for overeating. I gained everything back (I somehow broke even, at least)

I hope to find balance in 2015, but I'm really not sure where to start.

Replies

• najgolfpro
    najgolfpro Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I too had a very trying year. I lost two very close family members within two weeks of each other. My first time losing someone close and everything spiraled out of control. But somehow I managed to pull myself out of the pit of stress eating. I am here if you need support or motivation. Been where you are and it's always good to have a support group.
  • Kabiti
    Options
    Thanks!

:) I want to, but I'm not even going to try over the holidays... I think I've reached a point where I'm (somewhat) more balanced inside, but holidays are very emotional (and will be extra wild this year). I hate new years resolutions, but the timing makes sense.

Salad for lunch today, though! This week has been filled with Christmas parties :open_mouth:
  • sillyli234
    sillyli234 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    2015 will be our year then!
  • Kabiti
    Options
    I'm starting my year today! I don't have any big plans for New Year's Eve.

I'm an ENFP (personality type) and that means I have a hard time sticking to plans. My resolution for 2015 is balance. I'm still working out my plans, but they may change often and that's ok!
  • Kabiti
    Options
    I think a big part of why I eat is to help drive away my thoughts. Overeating and feeling full makes me sleepy and keeps the thoughts away long enough to get to sleep. I'm looking for healthier ways to control anxiety.