Zip battery life

Options
I got my Zip at the very beginning of September. I've changed the battery 3 times. And it showed low battery again today. Is it common to have battery life of about a month?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Low battery actually on device, or website telling you that?

Vast majority of time website is telling me that - the device is not. So no actual low battery.
    - But I had a mis-sync recently.

It thinks when a sync starts, so device is known to be there, but it doesn't finish, so something happened to device - it's assumed low battery is the problem.

Usually I just walked away and of course signal broke.
    But low battery is another reason signal could break during a sync attempt.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Check this out if it doesn't help contact customer service bc you probably have a defective zip. The battery should last about 6 months
    http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/My-Zip-s-battery-is-draining-quickly/?l=en_US&p=zip&fs=RelatedArticle
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Definitely contact FitBit and they should send you a replacement, but I would add, I had 4 different Zips with the same battery issue before I finally just accepted a refund and bought a One.
  • Kristyann624
    Kristyann624 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help. It's on the device. It will come and go for a bit. It was on last night, but gone today. And then eventually I "lose" a day because it dies and I don't notice until the evening. Two of the batteries were Rayovac so I was hoping it was because they were cheaper (all Walmart had at the time). This new one is Energizer so I was more hopeful.

Is it an easy process to get a new one?
  • heybales
    Options
    Oh, is the Rayovac even lithium? Most are alkaline, even those watch batteries, and those will not last.
    Energizer much better, Home Depot/Lowes has them too for next time.
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    The battery on my Zip tends to last 3-4 months ... I never got 6 months out of it but I love that I don't have to do connect to my computer EVER or charge multiple times per week as I did when I had a BodyMedia and Nike Fuelband.
  • TopazCutie
    TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Check the batteries you're using. Mine lasted for a few months of almost wearing it daily.

Also, depending on where you get your battery, get the warranty on it! Mine lets me replace batteries for free twice within a 3-year time period.
  • Wantingtolose1
    Wantingtolose1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I bought mine in June/July and just now on the app it is showing low battery. Ive been actually thinking when is the battery going to go as it seems to be lasting a long time and now the app is showing low so will have to get it changed soon I guess. It sounds like it might be an issue either with your fitbit devise or the batteries you are using.
  • heybales
    Options
    I bought mine in June/July and just now on the app it is showing low battery. Ive been actually thinking when is the battery going to go as it seems to be lasting a long time and now the app is showing low so will have to get it changed soon I guess. It sounds like it might be an issue either with your fitbit devise or the batteries you are using.

The app is saying low battery.

Does the device itself show lower battery indicator?
  • Wantingtolose1
    Wantingtolose1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just changed mine today. The app showed low, I got an email saying battery was low and needed to be charged and when I would tap through the zip it would show a battery at the bottom which isn't normally there.