week 1 day 1 I did it

Options
torenees
torenees Posts: 20 Member
I started w1d1 today. After the first 45- 60 seconds of a slow jog, heavy breathing and weak legs- I thought " what am I doing" seriously, But I kept going and before I was done I could tell I had more energy already.... unbelievable maybe but true. I have always wanted to jog/run ( its on my bucket list of things I want to do) but I have never even tried , for 2 reasons overweight and embarrassed to be seen. Today I did it and I intend to go again Wednesday if the Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise. But if the creek does rise maybe I will learn to swim , I've never done that either. Today I feel positive even though I feel just how out of shape I am, my mind set is good. YAY Day 1. :)

Replies

• dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    well done xx im going to try mine tomorrow wish me luck kate xx
  • torenees
    Options
    thank you Kate, and good luck to you . I hope you enjoy
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    hi did day 1 on tuesday day 2 today!!!
  • torenees
    Options
    yay , I am done with week one and I am enjoying challenging myself so far . way to go . we can do this.
  • torenees
    Options
    wk2 d1. feels good. I love the energy boost I'm getting from this. And I've lost 6 lbs. I took two days off because of my hip and I missed it bad. Back out today and looking forward to the next time. I am amazed that I am doing this. Baby steps but doing it. Good job to all of us (*) (*) (*)
  • ProjectYummyMummy
    ProjectYummyMummy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I did mine yesterday! So excited to get started! I feel amazingly good. Next session on Wednesday!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I did W1D1 last Monday and my calves killed me for the rest of the week. Finally got to W1D2 today. Hope to keep going this week but I am in chaos season at work so we will see how things go. I normally walk, swim and fence but decided I should try this running thing because it means I burn calories faster so my limited time is used more efficiently. Hopefully it will also make me faster on the piste for next season. Got to 17th this year, next year I want to crack top 15!!
  • laura2813
    laura2813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I got as far as week 4 and got real sick and couldn't get out to run. Tonight I'm starting back and will try week 3 day 1 and see how I do. Congrats on finishing day 1. It feels great when you finish doesn't it?
  • teeseeytopcat
    teeseeytopcat Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did W1D1! I'm alive today to report all is well ...no major aches or pains [I have chronic sciatica] so I'll plan D2 tomorrow!!3q467elz5qky.png
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Week 1 complete now. Gonna try and fit in W2D1 tomorrow
  • vkdarling
    vkdarling Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Great job! I plan on startting next week after santa brings me a tredmill !
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Wonderful runs, Teeseeytopcat & CaptainBoing! The hardest part is getting started and you've both aced that!

Vkdarling, you'll do great, too. Just remember to keep it slow. Have you got good shoes? That makes a world of difference.
  • teeseeytopcat
    teeseeytopcat Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I have now finished week 1 ....on to week 2 on Monday!
  • 50sthenew30
    50sthenew30 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey, completed week one today. Feel really pleased although tonight ran on the treadmill due to the cold.
    And this from someone who said he would never run again after leaving the army! That was two lifetimes ago.