39 and Just Diagnosed

Well, here I am! Not excited, but it is what it is and I am going to control this. I've known for a long time it was possible. My mom was diagnosed at 40. My grandfather lost his feet. I had Gestational Diabetes with both my girls. I've been on a low dose of Metformin for a year in hopes of containing the PreDiabetes. I got the official diagnosis on Monday afternoon. My A1C is 7. Tuesday I joined back up with My Fitness Pal. I'm officially at my highest weight. My goal is to hit my 40th birthday with a bang - controlling the Diabetes, healthy, and feeling beautiful. :-) Looking forward to meeting you all. :blush:

**Kim**

Replies

• I love your goal to reach your 40th birthday health, strong, and confident. Using the tools here will help you figure out how to best manage blood sugar levels plus lose weight. Plus you'll get lots of support and encouragement from others along the way. Welcome! ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    You have the right attitude and you are in the right place - using MFP!
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Welcome! I'm also 39. I was diagnosed in April of this year. I was on the border of prediabetic before that. I'm on Metformin now. My mother was also diagnosed around 40. My latest A1c was 5.9 which I was excited about because it was 11.4 in April. I will send a friend request. I've been slacking the past couple of weeks.