Updated Food Goals 6/7 months Post-Op

Options
dcc56
dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
At my last visit with the dietician I was given info to update my food goals on MFP. Here are the details in case you're interested: Now up to 1000 calories, <130g Carbs, 22-27g Fat, 60-80g Protein, <1500g Sodium, <40g Sugar and 15-20g Fiber. This turns into a ratio of 50% Carbs, 30% Protein and 20% Fat. Previously I was at 45% Carbs, 35% Protein and 20% Fat. Comments?

Replies

• trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I already told you what I think :D but I am surprised that your dietician is wanting that many carbs. Mine said less than 30 grams a day. I do know that everyone's program is different though, it's just interesting to see exactly how different they are. Are you supposed to get your carbs from fruit and veggies or are you allowed to have whole grains?
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My sheet states less than 130g of carbs. That is a huge difference. On my plan, yes, protein should be eaten first...but the daily goal is 60-80g per day of protein (preferably from natural food sources instead of protein shakes). As I mentioned, I used to have 45% carbs and 35% protein, now 50% carbs and 30% protein according to the info I received considering the usual 4 calories per gram for carbs and protein and 9 calories per gram for fat. I am allowed to have whole grains and they are the preferred grains of course. My clinic steers folks away from most fruits and fruit juices due to their sugar content....any veggies are fine.
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Are those maintenance numbers? My program is not low carb either. In the past before the sleeve, I felt best at no more than 40% carbs, it seem more than that triggered me to want more carbs (or perhaps when I went higher they weren't the best choices). The only way to know what works is to give it a try.