Wheat Belly

Options
Hey All,

I'm watching this video and it is blowing my mind. It's helped me to finally say FOR REAL THIS TIME. No more wheat. No more wheat. No more wheat.

*FINALLY GETS IT* *TOOK ME LONG ENOUGH* Anyway thought y'all might like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbBURnqYVzw

Replies

• cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I never bothered with Wheat Belly, as I was already diagnosed with Celiac disease and it's now a non-issue for me. I miss some things, but really it's not so bad once you get over the adjustment.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    That was the first full book I read when i was changing over to Primal life. I have been recommending it ever since and never looked back on wheat, doesn't even tempt me.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I just listened to the video. It all makes so much sense and I'm shocked people tend to be deaf to the subject, or become very reactive to the idea of eliminating wheat/grains. I get it, he's promoting a book, but nothing in his arguments are over the top.

I adopted a primal type diet 80-90% of the time in May 2013, and much of what he says applies to me. I came to the diet because I wanted to drop 5 lbs and was tired on being hungry all. the. time. I dropped more weight than that, leaned out, quit having as much gas, etc., don't get the post-eating head funk...

Anyway, thanks for posting! I haven't done a ton of research on why wheat/grains tend to be bad. Like I said above, I cut them simply to drop a few lbs and hopefully not starve in the process. The benefits were so good I never went back. I've slipped a little recently and don't balk at a little wheat from time to time. It still doesn't make up my diet, but I haven't been avoiding it as much during the occasional dinner out. Listening to Dr. Davis' lecture really reminds me I should probably be more diligent.
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    honestly I think this stuff is addicting. my brain rationalizes reasons to eat it. but yeah no good no good. I sent it to my mom and I think she's considering it :) I also just sent an email to my mother in law saying I can't eat her pastas anymore at our family dinners once a week but that I'm happy to help cook some side dishes and things. a little anxiety inducing but I'm so excited to not feel like crap all the time.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    The other side of no grains is Dr David Perlmutter's "Grain Brain" which approaches the neurological aspect of consuming wheat. In my mind (which still is working I think) this is a far scarier aspect of prolonged consumption of modern wheat.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    ClutchBone wrote: »
    The other side of no grains is Dr David Perlmutter's "Grain Brain" which approaches the neurological aspect of consuming wheat. In my mind (which still is working I think) this is a far scarier aspect of prolonged consumption of modern wheat.

I agree, the other side effects besides the GI aspect are worse! If I have a scrap of gluten in anything I know right away my head fills up with fluid immediately and I feel foggy, almost under water...
  • JennyToy
    JennyToy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    thank you for the link-i watched it. Very good & informative!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Knew about the book, but hadn't read it, the video is spot on, thanks for sharing!
  • dalia_mariaa
    Options
    Have heard of the book. Never read it. But, knowing what it's about, I would agree with it. Some say they do fine with wheat -- good for them. Personally, I know that when I eat it, I blow up (bloating and painful gas) within an hour. Not for me.