Christmas Shopping with the ex...

Options
lsgibbs83
lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
I don't know why I agreed to go Christmas shopping for the kids/granddaughters with my ex. If I don't go he just calls me every 10 minutes for my opinion. It's usually just easier to go with but this year I am just not feeling it.

I know it sounds weird that we are somewhat friends but we have been divorced 25 years and any animosity towards him is long gone. But really, just make a choice. Anything he gets them, they will love. Or, and I'm going out on a limb here, take the WIFE!

Rant over...resume your normal activities.

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    lol....always good to rant. I hope you can have a fun time. I think it's kinda cute that he still values your opinion :D
  • lsgibbs83
    Options
    8 long hours later and he is done! I even picked out which Bolova watch he got his wife, but she doesn't need to know that. :wink:

It be so bad if he didn't wander off in Barnes and Noble like a toddler. After running all over Columbus, he ended up getting most of his list done there. I got my 22yr old book nerd daughter her 5th copy of The Complete Works of Shakespeare as well. She already has 4 complete works, a book of just plays, another of just poems, and yet another of sonnets as well as individual books. I'm not sure which she will be most excited about; the book, the card catalog drawer my Dad is making her from an antique drawer, or the Dr. Who Potato Head her Dad got her. She got him a Darth Vader mask that changes your voice to sound like Darth. They are 2 peas in a pod.

• dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    After all the agonizing experiences of being forced to go shopping with a woman, I feel that there is some sense of justice in the fact that a woman is worn out and aggravated because she was forced to shop with a man. Seriously though, sorry 'bout your luck. I hope your daughter likes the books.
  • lsgibbs83
    Options
    After all the agonizing experiences of being forced to go shopping with a woman, I feel that there is some sense of justice in the fact that a woman is worn out and aggravated because she was forced to shop with a man. Seriously though, sorry 'bout your luck. I hope your daughter likes the books.

He is worse than a woman. Absolutely no focus. I like to go in with a plan, he just roams around until something catches his attention. It's all good though. At least he buys dinner.

My daughter will love the books. She has so many books in her room that she is trying to figure out if she can build a bed frame out of book shelves.

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I'm busy squee-ing over the Doctor Who potato head!
  • lsgibbs83
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Barnes and Noble $25. She is going to squee too.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    lsgibbs83 wrote: »

I seriously almost flagged you trying to Like the post.

• lsgibbs83
    Options

I seriously almost flagged you trying to Like the post.

A "Like" option would be great.
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Is it a new edition of the complete works? I'm just curious why she now has five copies of Shakespeare's complete works. I'm a huge bookworm as well, so I want to know what the differences are.
  • lsgibbs83
    Options
    Is it a new edition of the complete works? I'm just curious why she now has five copies of Shakespeare's complete works. I'm a huge bookworm as well, so I want to know what the differences are.

Honestly, I don't know what the difference is other than aesthetics. She was so excited when she opened it that she went straight to her room to make a place for it on her Shakespeare shelves. I can ask her if there are any differences.
  • lsgibbs83
    Options

She pretty much squee'd when she opened the Dr. Who potato head. She actually has fallen asleep this evening watching the Dr. Who Marathon.
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options

Honestly, I don't know what the difference is other than aesthetics. She was so excited when she opened it that she went straight to her room to make a place for it on her Shakespeare shelves. I can ask her if there are any differences.

Ohh ok, so it's kind of a collector thing. That's cool! I wasn't sure if there were new critical editions coming out or something.