Hitting my wall...

Options
qhiggins86
qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
Alright, I need to get this off my chest. I was going such a good job following the workout schedule for phase 1 until this week. This is ALWAYS where I fall off this program... transitioning to DVDs 3 and 4. I was dragging my feet all Saturday when I was supposed to do DVD 3 of Phase 1. Eventually I finally went through the motions of putting on my shoes and putting the DVD in the player... next thing I know I'm doing the workout and it's rocking me into pieces.

I will admit, this is the first time in the three times (since I bought it 18 months ago) that I have started this program that I actually did the workout on DVD 3, but yesterday I was doing anything but trying out DVD 4. What the hell is my problem?! Workout 3 has my triceps still crying, but it wasn't impossible. Significantly difficult, yes... but not impossible. I want to finish this program!!!! If I stick to schedule I can have one round done by my birthday.

I WANT JILLIAN MICHAELS TYPE RESULTS BY MY BIRTHDAY, DAMN IT!

Ok... rant over. I'm tired of disappointing myself.

Replies

• JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Keep thinking about getting the results for your birthday and how amazingly bad @$$ you will look then!!! You get past this hump and you'll be able to kick the crap out of the rest of the series. And trust me, you want to get past this because Phase 1 results, while nice, I'm 1/2 way through phase 2 and I'm already seeing better results from just 2 weeks of that than I did all of phase 1. Plus the way you feel after completing it will be worth it. Not going to lie it gets harder from where you're at, but its worth feeling like you might be disabled after the first time you do the workout. Why? Because that work out just gets easier because your body is becoming more bad @$$. You can do it! Don't give up!

YOU DON'T GET TO OOGLE KENTA IF YOU GIVE UP.

• beautifulciera
    beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    JeriAnne so right my love... it's hard and we all go through the exact same pain, myself included. Workout 3 just KICKED MY A SS!!!! I am so glad that I have girls like you in my support group because honestly....right here is where I would throw in the towel! After seeing my cousin in that sexy *kitten* midriff ...I just can't give up. What I would give to be able to wear one of those....a two piece, wow! Those 2 items have my name ALL OVER IT!!! As Jillian says....it's only 30 minutes...we can get through it...I almost cried while doing workout 3 this evening, but I got through it...and now I'm taking a nap because like I said that routine just KICKED MY A SS!!! The feeling you have afterwards...priceless!
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    I did workout 7 last night, first time for that and she just hammers the crap out of your shoulders. There is a part where you do W presses with a leg raise. The leg raise, no big deal, the W press, not a big deal - the first 30 seconds. Then instead of switching to a different exercise, you switch legs and do W presses on the other leg for another 30 seconds. That is where I wanted to stop. My shoulders were on fire. But I kept pressing on because it will be worth it!!! I can barely lift my arms today and almost had to have my boyfriend do my hair this morning because my shoulders are crying still, but it's soooo worth it after seeing where I started and where I am now, and knowing that my results will be amazing when it's all over. That's what keeps me going.

And the first time you do a new workout is always the hardest time with these. So just think, you got over that hump!!
  • qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    True! Thanks for letting me confess. I'm back on it today :smiley: And by that, I'm back to watching Kenta while slowly suffering!
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    You know people scream and cry over celebrities and just don't get it...why?!?!? Michael Jackson was a legendary pop artist, but I don't think I would cry if I ever met him, but Kenta...I just might faint lol... Whoo! LAWD..Kenta's body is a true motivation for me...especially those really nice ones on his facebook page. I'm doing workout 4 today...thinking about taking a supplement for some boosted energy ~ staying positive. I wish we were all local. Then, we could workout together lol. But I settle for this instead :wink:
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    Kenta makes it all better.

That would be cool for us to all get to work out together! We could all suffer together. Awww! lol
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    Right!! that's what I was thinking...so we wouldn't feel so alone when the pain gets really tough. lol
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    You could cry openly because it would be a safe space. lol
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    lol..you crack me up
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    lol yay!!