Western All Stars Challenge (12/18 - 12/24)

Options
cycletrak1
cycletrak1 Posts: 607 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Week 13 Extra Challenge (12/18 - 12/24):

“Pay it forward” Do something nice for someone else.

I know everyone is busy during this time of year, but don’t forget to share with folks that you love them. Say the words, give them a hug, even if you, or them, are not the hugging type. (First ask if you can give them a hug of course.)

My husband’s parents were not huggers. I always hugged my parents even when we all got together with both sides of our families, but never hugged his parents. After my mom died, I realized how short life was. I started hugging his parents too!

I could feel from the hug that I received from them, that they were uncomfortable and that they felt awkward about it. But that didn't stop me! I always asked them before I gave them a hug and they always said “sure”. I am happy to say that they no longer feel uncomfortable or awkward with the hugging and they now ask me for a hug! :)

We had talked about this later and it came up that they were never really hugged when they were small, so they never really hugged their children (my husband and his siblings). They said they enjoy the hugs now!

I cannot imagine a life without a hug growing up or even as an adult!

This challenge can be as simple or as complex as you want to make it!

Ideas for this challenge:

Give someone a hug (with their permission of course)

Let someone know that they are loved. They may know it already, but to hear the words is always awesome!

Help clean someone’s house. The holidays can be exhausting and the extra help is usually appreciated!

Help someone decorate for the holidays or help someone just get organized in general.

Volunteer to help out at a shelter, food bank, church or nursing home etc.

Pay for the meal for the person behind you, like at a fast-food drive through. I know we are supposed to try to avoiding those kinds of places, but it happens. :)

Pay for a movie ticket for the person behind you.

Remember to share here with your team on how you chose to “Pay it forward”.

Sharing your “Pay it forward” here will earn your team 5 points!

Remember:
Yesterday is gone.
Tomorrow is not promised.
Today, this very moment, is a gift and it is all that we have.
Take advantage of this gift, the present, and share your heart.
<3

Reminder, the Weigh-in, Chat/Busy Bee Commercial Challenge and "Pay it forward" EXTRA Challenge are due on Christmas Eve, Wednesday, December 24th, before Midnight.

:flowerforyou:

cycletrak1

Replies

• twinkle150
    twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Volunteered at the Sally Ann this weekend helping to distribute the donated toys to families in need.
  • cycletrak1
    Options
    twinkle150 wrote: »
    Volunteered at the Sally Ann this weekend helping to distribute the donated toys to families in need.

Excellent! That is so wonderful!
  • andy_geek
    andy_geek Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Volunteered IT work for two local charities - one charity for senior citizens and the other is a cat rescue. :) I like the hug story!
  • cycletrak1
    Options
    andy_geek wrote: »
    Volunteered IT work for two local charities - one charity for senior citizens and the other is a cat rescue. :) I like the hug story!

That's awesome that you helped Seniors Citizens AND Kitty Kats with your IT work!
This discussion has been closed.