Ok, does your butt hurt?

Options
dej923
dej923 Posts: 26 Member
I've lost 75 lbs & my rear hurts! It doesn't matter how padded the surface is I can't sit for long before my tush starts to get sore. I was reading online that this can happen with weight loss as our bodies adjust to the lack of padding between our bones & the chair. I guess I need to do more squats! Nobody told me this before surgery!

Replies

• homerismyhero
    homerismyhero Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Yes! All the time. I just figured it was me- good to know I'm not alone. I guess in a way it keeps me active because there's times where I just can't sit anymore and have to get up and move. The only other time I had a problem like this was when I was pregnant- another time my body was going through a lot of changes.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Yep. I was so excited that I could fit into my bathtub and take a nice hot bath, and after a few minutes I was over it, my butt couldn't take it lol!
  • joyhibbz
    joyhibbz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yep! It's terrible between that and being froze to death all the time I am not sure which is worse for me. Oh well I guess there good things to complain about considering! :smile:
  • jamezln
    jamezln Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My wife said i needed to start doing squats....said i was getting the old man's butt.
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    OMG - YES!! And since hubby has lost 150 pounds, he has the same problem!! Not enough cushy on the tushie!
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    ha ha --- wondered about this! Of all the places to lose...I lost here. I was looking at the Brazilian Butt Lift DVDs the other day wondering if it would help. :smiley:
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that and my area seems to be more in the hips.
    I used to be a side sleeper and now I find myself adjusting a lot more to get comfortable :neutral_face:
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Our 12 hours in airplanes sunday/monday were great because i fit into the seat but painful on my newly non padded butt. I'll take the tradeoff!
  • shoppinglady1972
    shoppinglady1972 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Haha! Guess I wondered if I was the only one who had this issue...constantly having to shift in my seat! I'll take it, though!
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    If only I could "rearrange" my padding --- take from my stomach and add to my butt!!
  • Thaeda
    Options
    If only I could "rearrange" my padding --- take from my stomach and add to my butt!!

YES!!! ^^^^^THIS^^^^^ !!!! :):):)
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options

Definitely this, but since we are making our wish lists, I would add take some from my stomach and add it to my boobs. Gawd they are just not what they used to be lol!

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Had to get the Sharper Image seat cushion from Sams club, gonna have to get a Tempurpedic mattress cause I am just a bag of bones now!
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    joyhibbz wrote: »
    Yep! It's terrible between that and being froze to death all the time I am not sure which is worse for me. Oh well I guess there good things to complain about considering! :smile:

^^^ so me too! ^^^
  • juliebccs
    Options
    Definitely. Like being kicked in the rear every day.
  • boomerkae
    boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job and use an exercise ball chair. It takes a little getting used to, but you're working the core and butt while sitting. For me, it is actually feeling better post op!

Oh, I hate squats, but know they are crucial. My favorite place - the bathroom. Each time ya go do 10 squats before finally sitting!
  • Thaeda
    Options
    boomerkae wrote: »
    I have a desk job and use an exercise ball chair. It takes a little getting used to, but you're working the core and butt while sitting. For me, it is actually feeling better post op!

My hubby switched to an exercise ball, too. He likes it MUCH better than a chair. :)
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Oh my yes, the butt is boney now. I have been doing squats with weights and it seems to help a bit, kickboxing helps as you do kicks that use those muscles. I am thinking about getting the brazilian butt lift videos. My husband was a track star in college, he said that running should help too. I must say that the squats are shaping up my quads!
  • paul87920
    paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I feel so much less weird now. I had convinced myself that this was all in my head.
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    boomerkae wrote: »
    Oh, I hate squats, but know they are crucial. My favorite place - the bathroom. Each time ya go do 10 squats before finally sitting!

That's a good idea!