Options
2»

Replies

• boomerkae
    boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    MistyHiker wrote: »
    boomerkae wrote: »
    Oh, I hate squats, but know they are crucial. My favorite place - the bathroom. Each time ya go do 10 squats before finally sitting!

That's a good idea!

My other fav - wall pushups in the bathroom. Not as easy at work, but if you can pull it off, go for it!
    Just don't wait til the last minute to go...all those pushups and squats and you may have a mess to cleanup!
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Brazilian Butt Lift DVDs!! Whoo hoo --- so excited. :smiley:
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Definitely do squats. Your butt is a muscle... we lose a lot of muscle by losing weight so rapidly. A lot of people who have had WLS have a flat butt because that muscle is gone, part of ending up "skinny fat". Once you start working that muscle pretty hard, it comes back and should make a nice round shape again (think little bubble butt!). I went over a year with no butt, had my work give me a standing desk and all. But once I built that muscle back up - no trouble sitting after that :)

Muscle is what gives your body shape. Keep it at all costs! Its way easier to keep what you have than to try to get it back once you lose it. Start today!! Dont lose all the weight and then start...
  • dsm6380
    dsm6380 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If only I could "rearrange" my padding --- take from my stomach and add to my butt!!

Me too...me too!! :D:D:D I wondered why my butt was numb. That must be where the whole 50 lbs came from so far 'cuz the tummy still has plenty to share with my lesser padded parts. That's okay, it will come off eventually.

• debhaley1
    debhaley1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Oh My Goodness YES! and always freezing, and my feet always hurt too. My gym trainer is helping me build it up to pad it again. lol
  • freedomfighter1
    freedomfighter1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the great advise. Exactly what I needed to hear this morning. I downloaded a 30 day squat challenge and will start right away. Lol
  • juliebccs
    juliebccs Posts: 233
    Options
    aylajane wrote: »
    Definitely do squats. Your butt is a muscle... we lose a lot of muscle by losing weight so rapidly. A lot of people who have had WLS have a flat butt because that muscle is gone, part of ending up "skinny fat". Once you start working that muscle pretty hard, it comes back and should make a nice round shape again (think little bubble butt!). I went over a year with no butt, had my work give me a standing desk and all. But once I built that muscle back up - no trouble sitting after that :)

Muscle is what gives your body shape. Keep it at all costs! Its way easier to keep what you have than to try to get it back once you lose it. Start today!! Dont lose all the weight and then start...
    hahahahaha 'little bubble butt'. I want one of those. My husband commented the other day that I actually may not have any butt muscles left at all (nicely). But (t) I would like to tone it if it is still possible. I have vibrator plate. Would that help do you think? I ask because I have hip and back issues and sometimes just repetitive crunches etc can be a bit much for me.
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Squats really bother my knees but I bought the Brazilian Butt Lift DVDs and they have a variety of exercises to work all the muscles in your butt area. Pretty intense. It actually looks easy until you start trying them and it burns! I can definitely see that following their program will help define and lift the butt. You can also Google Youtube videos and search online for BBL ideas and they will give you exercise ideas for free.
  • aylajane
    edited January 2015
    Options
    juliebccs wrote: »
    aylajane wrote: »

hahahahaha 'little bubble butt'. I want one of those. My husband commented the other day that I actually may not have any butt muscles left at all (nicely). But (t) I would like to tone it if it is still possible. I have vibrator plate. Would that help do you think? I ask because I have hip and back issues and sometimes just repetitive crunches etc can be a bit much for me.

Heck you could start out with just butt clenches while driving. Anything where you feel the muscle contract fully and relax fully and hopefully it is a little sore the next day. Do it while standing in line at the store even (no one can tell). You will want to branch out from there into some others like glute bridges, etc. to work various angles, but it doesnt have to be complicated or formal!

I dont know much about the vibrator plate thing, but I would not think it would help unless you physically are contracting and relaxing your muscle purposely. Just shaking your booty doesnt make it bigger :)
  • juliebccs
    juliebccs Posts: 233
    Options
    haha,,I think the what the plate does is creates a rapid muscle response from certain areas of your body depending on how you stand on it. If you bend your knnes for example it targets a different set of muscles than if you stand upright. My biggest problem is, those butt contractions that the average person can do, actually involve the muscles that effect the pain in my right hip too. Left it fine but I am not sure how you do one side only haha. Maybe I'll just try the plate and see what happens. If it works without causing me too much pain in my hip, I'll recommend it as a 'little bubble butt creator' :-).
  • aylajane
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I understand, but its worth experimenting a little to see what you can tolerate. Try the clenches both sitting and standing and see if one works, etc. If not, shake away :)

Side note.. I kind of think if you position the vibrator... eh sorry... vibration machine... *correctly* (meaning somewhere near your butt but maybe not on it.... hint... ) you wont care if your butt muscles are working :) LOL
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    I asked the office manager for seat cushions for the wooden kitchen chairs at work, and now she calls me "boney butt" - but nicely and with a smile. Everyone is very supportive of my loss at work.
  • rscpjim
    rscpjim Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Funny I just had that experience last night at church while taking a class. I am a week out from my Gastric Sleeve Surgery and I was sitting in the church thinking darn my butt hurts. My back it still and Im cold.. Hmmmm More changes to come. As soon as I can start exercising I can start on the squats for sure..lol
  • claresta23
    claresta23 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    YESSSSS!!! My desk chair is killing me. lol