how did everyone pre op and post op do today for Christmas?

Options
Laurac727
Laurac727 Posts: 60 Member
Myself I can tell you that I tried my best all day. [I am still in preop stages awaiting date schedule] I started with normal decaf and Christmas morning activities, beings I did not drink last night, I can say it was the best I have ever felt at 5a on Christmas morning lol. After presents, I ate one of my muffin pan egg cups and off to family dinner. Well guess what after quizzing all week if and what veggies there will be, there was NONE of course today. So much for 50% of my plate being veggies. I did stick to my protein and starch rules from my NUT and NO sugar, pie or nothing all day now! Shewwww. I probably went over on turkey but with no veggies I opted to fill up on turkey instead. Kept my water with me all day and took in the thoughts of now I know why I have been overweight all my life, with meals like that! oh wow. One aunt pushed fudge three times at me, and I just told her, I can not have sugar anymore. She continued to push and said one little bite will not hurt. I stood my ground and said no sorry one leads to more and makes me want more, sorry but none, I can tell it is wonderful and I want it but I will not fight that craving again. Other than that here I sit, with my water and not regretting anything but NOT making that broccoli I was going to and just take. Merry Christmas all and heres to 2015 bring it on!!!!

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I was cooking Christmas Eve after church and picking my grandson up from his Dad and dropping him at his Mom's, so I didn't party the night before either. Christmas day I had coffee but no food until about 1 and then just a little cheese and summer sausage (and I do mean little, about an ounce each). Dinner was at 3 and other than the pasta salad and bean dip, it was my cooking. I took one city chicken (pork and veal cubes on a stick, coated in plain bread crumbs and egg, browned and baked, about 4 ounces of meat) about 2 ounces of kielbasa, 6 brussel sprouts, 1 tbs. of my homemade potato salad (which I didn't finish) and 1 tbs of my daughter-in-law's pasta salad. One of the 5 year old granddaughters made the birthday cake and it was so good it was all gone before I even decided if I wanted any or not! :D I didn't get enough water in but feel food and activity wise I did really well. This morning I realized that I didn't serve the rolls I bought! I'm so used to not eating bread I completely forgot about them! So they will go to the final Christmas get together on New Year's Day, well if I remember!
  • hochhalc
    hochhalc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had a small family dinner for Christmas. I am just 2 weeks out from surgery so still on liquids. It was odd not baking dozens if cookies and making pies. I did cook a ham for the family but bought the fixin's so they could be just heated. I stayed on my liquids but felt a bit sorry for myself. The family was real good about not having the sweets, didn't really seem to miss them.
  • talinaklocke
    talinaklocke Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I did pretty well I think for my first christmas after surgery. I had my normal breakfast and lunch then made a pretty simple dinner for myself and my daughter. We had ham, I made mashed potatoes and corn for her, and I had a little bit (maybe a 1/4 cup or less) of sweet potatoes that I brought home from work, this was the first time I've had any kind of starch since surgery and it was nice to "indulge" a little and still stay within my calorie count. I had one bite of a roll and found I don't really like them any more, one bite and it felt heavy and just kind of blah when I swallowed it (yay!) I was even able to have a little bit of green beans with my meal. This week has really been the first I've been able to add some veggies in with my protein, until now there just hasn't been any room left after the protein for anything. All in all I think it went very well, and it was nice to be able to add a little variety to my meal.