fitness trackerz

Options
eviebee03
eviebee03 Posts: 101 Member
Anyone have one? Im tossing up between fitbit flex or garmin vivofit.

Replies

• kkooge
    kkooge Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and use it constantly. Love it.
  • eviebee03
    Options
    Oh thats good to know! Ive been thinking about maybe a fitbit...
  • bridgieNZ
    bridgieNZ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting one, I've read endless reviews and comparison articles on line I just can't decide. Good luck
  • eviebee03
    Options
    Hey! Same here. So hard to decide. I think I like the garmin vivofit. But it doesnt sync with mfp is my only reservation.... bit worried about that bit. Want to be able to add my steps in. Have u got a favourite so far?
  • bridgieNZ
    bridgieNZ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It was a while ago so things may have changed a fair bit. by the end I got so confused i didn't buy anything if I wait long enough they'll bring out one that does everything. From what I can remember I considered these things.

Personally I'd go for a wrist band over a clip as I know I'll lose it or put through wash.

I like the idea of being able to see the number of steps the flex only has 5 led display

Linking with MFP is preferable to me

I narrowed to fitbit flex or force (not available at the moment) polar loop and jawbone

At the time I was walking a lot of fire breaks and doing other stuff at the gym and was looking at accurate calorie estimates for those. But that made the choice so much harder.

Jaw bone has a sedentary alarm that I thought might be useful and if I remember correctly will wake you at the correct time based on your sleeping patterns maybe a bit of a gimmick and not all that useful but sounded cool

I was leaning towards fit bit, have MFP friends who use it, a sleep tracker I like numbers and data. I've heard of fitbit challenges which would be good for motivation. I read they are good at replacing units when issues occur.

I might just go and get one and stop procrastinating, although not super expensive I didn't want to spend the money and not get the right one.

Ohh this got wordy :smile:
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I have both Fitbit One and Vivofit
    It depends what you want as they are both different.

Vivofit gives you a goal each day which can automatically increase if you achieve it (you can also just set the daily goal that suits you) I find this great as I push myself more.
    Vivofit does not do 'floors' like the Fitbit. Also does not 'light' up so can't read the data in the dark, tho this is not too much of a problem.
    Vivofit has a replaceable battery but in saying that by the time the fitbit dies there is probably a new product to replace it.

Personally I like the Fitbit one as I don't have to have it on my wrist - ie can wear on my bra or in pocket if want to be discreet. Fitbit also is a fantastic company.
    I like both sites to view the data and enter challlenges.
    I have the Vivofit as I also have a Garmin watch for running and wanted to sync both on the same site.
    Really looking forward to seeing the next product that Fitbit puts out.
    Happy to answer any questions - just message me and I will try and help.
    Had my Fitbit since 2012 and Vivofit for about a month.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I recently used my flybuys points to buy a fitbit and I love it! For me, the accuracy isn't really a big deal, I just like knowing certain days I'm active and others I'm not - the sleep tracker is interesting too. I use mine as a reminder to get up and walk about at work, I was actually a lot more active than I thought! love that it syncs with MFP and that they talk to each other if I do an actual workout - its great!
  • traceyandelliemay
    Options
    Im on fit bit and love it!
  • sunraew
    sunraew Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    fitbit <3
  • emmaskye15
    emmaskye15 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Only thing I hated about my Fitbit was the fact that it counted my driving as steps. That was a huge put off for me. I do so much driving and that annoyed me. I have ended up with a Sony Life Log SWR10 I love it I want mine for steps more than anything. It still under estimates but better than counting my driving as steps. It syncs to my smartphone and even tracks my sleep. It is sleek and a wristband which is waterproof. Very happy with it.
  • Greenteaandtattoos
    Options
    Fitbit Flex and I wear it all day everyday :)
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about getting one as well, still not sure which one, got some great ideas from here though so will continue doing research :)
  • Kaplat
    Kaplat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have had a fitbit ultra (no longer available) but after breaking the clip twice replaced it with a vivofit. However I find the wristband bulky and uncomfortable to wear and am thinking of getting another fitbit (thanks for the tip about using flybuys - never thought of that!). Both the ultra and vivofit have plus points so it's really a preference of wristband or waist/bra clip.
  • Michelledownunder
    Michelledownunder Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm not an experienced user, but I got a fitbit flex for Xmas and am finding it really useful. I'm motivated to meet my 30 minutes of activity every day, even on days that I don't do formal exercise.
  • strds
    strds Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for my fitbit charge hr to arrive, I cant wait to give it ago
  • malika1976
    malika1976 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    strds wrote: »
    I'm waiting for my fitbit charge hr to arrive, I cant wait to give it ago

I'm loving my garmin connect :)
  • emmaskye15
    emmaskye15 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey Team

I have just upgraded to a Fitbit Charge HR and have my used Fitbit One that I am wanting to sell.

I would like around $50 for it. It is in great condition the only thing that is missing is the sleep band (Cloth like band) that you put it in for sleeping. I lost that in the wash!

If anyone would like a cheap starter Fitbit this may be of interest to them :smile:

Flick me a PM. I may as well try and get something for it rather than have it be thrown in my draws to never see the sunlight again!!
  • SaraAlf
    SaraAlf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a jawbone up24 and it links with MFP. Love it, my mum got it for me and even though she lives in UK and I live in NZ we can "duel" against each other for number of steps. Really good encouragement, following some calibration of steps and distance when jogging it is pretty good and far better than my ipod which is what I used before for steps.
    It doesn't have a display, but all info is nicely shown on my phone and gives weekly emails to see how you compare to the previous week.
  • steveanz
    steveanz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Garmin any day. They are extremely good from their bottom of the range fitness trackers right through to their top of the line ones.

Garmin connect is also good and links well with MFP too.
  • thesifter
    thesifter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just got a garmin vivofit2 it's fantastic. Especially if you can get it on fly buys $14