Prime Rib Not So Expensive

Options
DittoDan
DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
In Michigan (and other states) we have a food service store called Gordon Food Services (GFS). I got their sales flyer, the other day, and it had fully cooked prime rib (NOT frozen) for $9.99 @ lbs. Keto shoppers know that $9.99 is a good price for any good meat. So I purchased it. $72 bucks.

Tonight I cut it up into 18 pieces. I bagged them in a zip lock and weighed each one on my digital scale and wrote the weight on the bag so I could easily account for them in MFP.

Then I made an Excel spread sheet and quantified the cost. First, lets look at the meat, have one on edge and a fork to show size (this is only about half of them):

rrn4j6fu4u4s.jpg

Look at the fat! Yummy :D .

Now, lets look at spreadsheet:

gqgtqp8w9n1w.jpg

Not too bad on the cost per steak. But what about the taste? I took a couple out and microwaved them (yeah, I know, you're cringing right now) for one minute. They were some of the most tender Prime Rib I have ever eaten! Excellent. I just got back from Texas and I ate at Lawry's Steak house in Dallas (their specialty is Prime Rib). I paid about $36 for a prime rib dinner, their steak was about 12 oz. That steak was not as good in taste or tenderness. I am very pleased with GFS.

Here is a pic of where they operate:

c1kgsy2too3x.jpg

No, I do not work for GFS.... :p

So, keto'ing doesn't have to be that expensive, if you buy in bulk. I have paid that much eating a hamburger at a restaurant.

Will I get tired of Prime Rib? Don't think so...if I do, I'll throw them in the freezer and eat them later.

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Prime Rib Land

Replies

• sillyli234
    sillyli234 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Figures how I move from Pennsylvania then see this post, haha! Good find. There is a HUGE vegan movement in the part of Oregon I live in...eeks!!
  • DittoDan
    Options
    UPDATE! They are going on sale again, a new email just now! I have been eating this for 3 days lunch and dinner, it is EXCELLANT!

1pybtgqx7zar.jpg

$7.99 @ pound - wow! I'm going tonight to get more!

Dan the Man from Prime Rib Land!

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,955 Member
    Options
    NOM. I'll show this to the Hubs.
  • DittoDan
    Options
    I just saw something. It looks like you have to buy a case of 4. That would be a lot of meat, like 30 lbs. I am going to call some friends and see if they want to go in on them together.

Or I could buy it and freeze them. :\

Dan the Man from Michigan