Trying to get back on track again!

Options
rst12267
rst12267 Posts: 85 Member
New to this group although been using MFP for 2 years. I am a married mother of 4: aged 17, 16, 6 and 3. I find myself stopping and starting because life just happens and doesn't care if I'm trying to get fit and healthy. My 16 year old was recently diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder and our lives have just been shattered. I'm finding it hard to justify time spent on myself when so much is happening in our family. I'm looking to restart my logging and exercise to take back some measure of control in my crazy life. Wish me luck!

Replies

• phys72
    phys72 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I know it's tough especially when you are dealing with so much stress involving your teen. I feel the same way about my son who has high functioning autism. We tried all the gluten free and other diets for him and it feels selfish to be thinking of my meals and weight loss. I've restarted this program more times than I care to admit and have lost nothing. Starting again today!! Think of how satisfied you will feel to have accomplished your goals on MFP. Best of luck to you!!
  • Beckygrayks
    Options
    Im restarting, too!
    We can do it!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    If you do spend that time on yourself - eating nutritionally and getting exercise - you will be SO much more enabled to take on these burdens. Don't make the mistake of thinking that 100% of a tired, run-down, unhappy you is better than 95% of an energized, positive, loving you. :)
  • midwestdawn
    midwestdawn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    If you do spend that time on yourself - eating nutritionally and getting exercise - you will be SO much more enabled to take on these burdens. Don't make the mistake of thinking that 100% of a tired, run-down, unhappy you is better than 95% of an energized, positive, loving you. :)

Yes to what sofaking6 said!
  • Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

These are just the words that came into my mind when reading your post.

To be there for your children, you need to feel well and at peace with yourself. Eating well and doing sport help you to get the strenght to keep on fighting in other areas of your life, and libarates positive energy for your children.

Best of luck to you, let us know how you're doing...