Introductions!

Options
infinikitty
infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
I know we probably all have info in our profiles, but thought maybe we could share some here! Maybe just where we're from, what keeps us motivated, starting weight, current weight, goal weight, and anything else you want to share :-)

Replies

• infinikitty
    Options
    I'm Cat and I live in Northern Virginia (about an hour from Washington, DC). I'm 33, married, with no kids (yet!). What motivates me is the fact that my husband and I want to start trying for a child next year and I didn't want to be overweight when that happened. I know how hard it has been for my friends to lose baby weight and I didn't want to combine that struggle with losing the initial weight that was there. I also want to set a good example for family and friends, showing them you can do what you put your mind to! My starting weight February 24th of this year was 214.6. I had stopped weighing myself after our wedding December 22, 2012 and at one point I'm sure I was over 225. My current weight is 168 on the nose. My goal weight is 150. I'm 5'7" and was 145 in high school (15 years ago). I also want to tone up more, since losing weight has left a little loose skin. I trained for and ran a half marathon about a month ago, and didn't focus as much on losing weight then, so that helped with muscle.
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kim and I am in the UK. I have been a yo yo dieter and exerciser for all my adult life having been married to an idiot whose favourite phrase seemed to be "Shift your fat ar$e" (even when I was a UK size 8/US size 4). After 20 years, we went our separate ways and I met an amazing man who loves me for who I am, all 70kgs of me, curves and all. I've realised the benefits of healthy living, and finally in my 40s, eat three meals a day, have treats frequently, and exercise regularly. (a far cry from the binging and purging of years past). I'm 5'4" and 154lbs....I'd be happy losing 6 or 7 lbs but anything more than that and I look silly, as I am a good dress size different from my top half to my bottom half and I can look very out of proportion if I don't retain an element of curve all over!!! However, having been a slave to the scales in the past, I don't want to do that - I want to be fit, strong, and sexy!

We're getting married in June, and I want to be the best version of me that I can be as I wear my gorgeous dress and walk towards my gorgeous groom. I've recently lost my gym buddy to pregnancy and my fiance is unable to work out with me due to work schedules clashing, so I've lost a bit of my mojo....but I love combat and when I am there, I never regret making the effort.

So....for the next 5 or 6 months I really have to ramp up the exercise - I want amazing shoulders to show off, not bingo wings and back fat!!
  • kdaures
    Options
    I'm Kathie. I'm not sure where to say I'm from since we're moving very soon! I'm also trying not to have a heart attack about my weight being available for just anyone to see. But... I started this weight loss journey in Feb 2014 after my husband and I were both motivated by his father's health issues. I don't want to be diabetic and I don't want to remain so unhealthy.

I started out at a shocking 292lbs and am now down to 260. Additionally, I have lost 37.5 inches and can now do things I previously couldn't such as the stairmaster! I was doing really great right up until July when I had surgery and I've been on a plateau since then. I don't really have a goal weight but I made one up for this site and that is 150. I'm 5'4" and my main goal is really to just get healthy. I'm a little afraid of Combat but I'll give it my all!
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Proud of you for sharing Kathie! Being so open about it all can be a bit unnerving, but we're all in this together :-)
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm Dee and I live in Alberta, Canada.....I spent my childhood being very active....I grew up in New Zealand and I remember seeing the Les Mills Fitness Centres around....he is a Kiwi, after all!!lol...I did ballet for 12 years but of course, when I quit that and didn't keep up with the exercise in my 20's, the pounds started to pack on.....I've always been more interested in sitting with a good book then exercising....anyway, fast forward....moved back to Canada in 1994....started University in 1995....and got bigger and bigger and bigger.....I think at my highest I was around 185lb....that was back in about 2002 when I was 32....I had a little girl in 2007 and she is the light of my life....my husband (now ex) started on MFP around October 2012 and at the end of December 2012, I decided to join too...I was 172lb starting then....in March 2013, I had reached my goal of 120lb.....my husband and I split in may 2013 and in June 2013, I started the Chalean Extreme program, got myself a set of Bowflex Select Tech weights and started lifting.....the pounds have come back on though which is very annoying.....I'm not sure why, it's not all muscle either because the measurements haven't really changed much.....I think it's just a case of cheating a little more than I should, not as careful with logging etc.....anyway....I have lots of work out programs because I can't really afford an ongoing gym membership.....I have Brazil Butt Lift, p90X, Chalean Extreme, 21 Day Fix, Jillian Micheals Ripped in 30 and my latest purchase is the Les Mills Combat....it's great....I love how I can mix up my workouts between all my DVD's....right now I'm 134lb.....so I'm trying to get back down to 120lb....I've been trying for almost a year now and it's so hard.....the weight just won't budge....I keep going yo-yoing between 132 and 138 it seems!!!!....maybe my body likes it in that range.....but I don't!!!!....I'll just keep on keeping on.....I figure I don't look too bad for 44 years old...good luck with the program everyone!!!
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Tiffany, I'm 27 years old. I actually finished week 2 of Combat today! I am absolutely in love with the program and I'm sure you guys will be too! I am 5'7 and 218 pounds, I got serious about my fitness journey about two years ago, although I had been going to the gym for a couple years before that and had lost about 10 pounds during that time. I started with TurboFire and loved it, and completed Month one, but managed to pinch a nerve in my lower back shortly into the second month. That had me out for a good while and eventually I just stuck with the gym routine. I moved back from Illinois to Florida and after moving there a year earlier when my dad passed away, that is when the depression started to sink in. In a four month period I went from 192 to 225 pounds. I was inactive and it wasn't that I ate too much, I would eat probably a meal a day, sometimes not at all. It's never been a matter of over eating with me, Ive always had an issue with making myself eat enough throughout the day. I started eating right about 3 months ago, six meals a day, not perfectly, but I got down from 225 to 218. I started Combat like I said two weeks ago, and I haven't seen much movement on the scale yet, but I feel awesome and stronger already and cannot wait to see the results at the end :)
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Are you following the nutrition program Tiffany? I think I'm just going to count calories since that's what I did with T25 and lost 30 pounds. I love following my containers for the Fix, but figured I'd try it my way first... Only the Combat guide has me eating 2100 calories and I just can't eat that much haha. I'm aiming for 1800 or so.
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    My_Fitness_Journey2020 Posts: 176 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Honestly, no I'm not. Not yet anyway. My nutrition hasn't been where it needs to be the last couple of weeks, mainly due to just not being able to get out and go shopping for the food I really should be eating. I did make a list though based off of the nutrition guide and will be starting to follow it by the end of next week when I get paid. Like I said I struggle with eating enough, even doing the program I tend to have to fight myself to get over 1200 calories, but there are some days I feel like I am starving and eat 1500-1800, but according to the guide I should be eating 2100, and like you I am not so sure about that, but I figured I would try it and adjust where I needed to.
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    On another note, wow 30 pounds!!! That's awesome :)
  • infinikitty
    Options
    I think if you made sure you ate a little more, you'd see that weight loss. I was eating about 1800 with T25 and lost that amount. Whenever I drop my calories lower but try to workout the same, I plateau eventually. I've lost 47 since Feb. 24 and can't wait to hit 50 pounds! I'm also down 4 sizes and have a goal dress for Valentine's Day I can't wait to wear! I'm hoping that Combat can help me tone up my belly and arms a little more, and I'm going to try and run at least 3 days a week once January starts to keep up my endurance for upcoming races. :-)
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    I know that is the case, deep down I do, and it's really going to take me writing out a schedule and posting it where I can see it of meals. Otherwise, I don't eat, because I don't feel hungry. So shopping trip Wednesday! I thought about using Piyo's food guide, but decided to give Combats a try, Combat seems to be way more protein focused, while Piyo had a lot more veggies so I'm curious of how it will go. That is amazing results :) I am really going to push it starting now, but through 2015, my ultimate goal weight is 150 pounds and well I haven't been that since middle school. I usually plateau around 199 pounds, but Ive seemed to hit a bump at 218 and I know it's nutrition related. I bounce between 217 and 218 and have been for the last month. I am run/walking my first 5k in Febuary I think it's about 1 1/2 weeks after I'm finished with combat. So I am hoping that Combat helps me with my endurance and so far I feel like it really has. I can already tell a difference from Day one, I'm pushing myself a lot harder then I could at the beginning and moving from the modified to the high impact moves :)
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Woohoo! You'll be so hooked once you do you first 5k!! I ran my first half marathon last month and it was AWESOME! My ultimate goal is 150, too! I was 145 when I graduated high school...fifteen years ago.
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    You're the same height as me, so that would make sense that we have similar goals :) Also makes me excited knowing you dropped 47 pounds, because that means there shouldn't be any reason why I cannot do the same. :)
  • Fitnesmom
    Options
    Hey all! My name is Monica and I live in Washington DC. I am recently married (April will be 1 year) and my wife and I have had a very hard go for 2014. She is out on injury for the second time, her mother (and my favorite mother in law...ever!) just passed away one week ago and on that same day, my ex husband (aka, the sperm doner) just sued me for custody of our son after 3 months of not being in contact with him. So, getting in shape means more to me than it ever has before. I need to keep my emotions and depression in check and I need to be the best version of myself. I did BodyCombat at the gym a few years ago and was able to lose 40 lbs total with the help of MFP but since moving to DC, my fitness schedule diminished but then, a Beachbody coach reached out to me and now I see that I can have those same great classes in the comforts of my lovely 1 bedroom apartment:). 2015 brings the best year in a long time...I just know it!!!
    2015. PS...I hope all of that was not too personal...
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Monica! You have a very strong WHY and that will definitely help you push even more to get to where you want to be! I'm sorry to hear about your struggles, but they will be great motivators for you! Glad to have you here!!
  • sunnyj81
    sunnyj81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm Jenn from Illinois. I've basically struggled with my weight my whole life since it's a major trait in my family. I leveled it out when I was in the military and it shot up to my highest after I got out a couple of years ago. I started at 188lbs, but have waivered between 170-180 for over a year. Im 4'11" and would love to get back down to 115, my premilitary weight. My husband and I are hoping to have a baby this next year or two and I want to be as healthy and fit as possible for that. I have done several programs along with combat and had success until I would have some reason I fell off the wagon. I'm tired of the yoyo and ready to maintain my new lifestyle for the long haul. I'm looking forward to this journey with all of you!
  • mugglewump701
    mugglewump701 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Becky from Central NY, currently living in the DC area. I'm 5'7" and at about 180 pounds. I was never all that active when I was younger and was never taught good eating habits. So when it was time for my wedding in 2011, I had to figure it all out! I was able to lose a bunch of weight for the wedding (about 30 pounds) and was down to 150 pounds - my lowest since high school. Since then, I've yoyo'd quite a bit.

I found my love for running in 2012 and have done quite a few 5K's since then (which I never thought in a million years I would be able to do!). I was able to maintain around 160 for a while, but my whole routine was thrown off when we moved to DC at the end of 2013. I've had some trouble getting back to that place, but I'm working on it!

I started Focus T25 this past March. I finished Alpha and made it most of the way through Beta before summer events derailed me. I started another round of Alpha to get back to it, I was eating perfectly and hadn't missed a workout in 6 weeks when I realized I'd plateaued, got frustrated and stopped.

That was at the end of August. In the 3 months since then, I'm just about back to the weight and inches that I started at with T25 (I'm sure I have my overall results at home if you're interested). It's crazy how fast it comes back when you're not paying attention to it!

None of my clothes fit and I'm sick of feeling this way! So on Cyber Monday, I took advantage of Beachbody's crazy offers and ordered Les Mills Combat, Slim Series and P90X (although I've got a ways to go before I feel comfortable starting that). I'm starting with the Combat Warrior schedule and am hoping this will give me the combination of cardio and strength I need to lose the fat and tone up! I figure if I don't see the weight coming off in the next few weeks, I may mix in running or elliptical.

My ultimate goal is, obviously to lose the weight and have my clothes fit better, but I want to be strong and healthy as well! I want to do Insanity, P90X, run a 10K, then a half marathon and do a Tough Mudder. I think that helping all of you stick with it will be that much more motivation! I've got a long To Do list and I'm hoping this accountability group can help me get back on track :smile: (Apologies for the novel!)
  • Dkido
    Dkido Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jen from NJ. I've been on the weight roller coaster for too many years to count, but no many how many times I fall of the wagon, I just refuse to give up! My body seems to want to keep me around 165, but my brain wants me back at 135 (heck I'll even settle for 140), which would be healthy for my 5'5'' frame. I've been successful with Jenny Craig years ago - I had lost about 16 pounds. I've tried Weight Watchers online too. But I always gain back. I gained about 50 lbs with my 2nd pregnancy 6 years ago, and got as high as 214. When I am motiviated, My Fitness Pal works best for me to keep track of nutrition. AS far as excercise, I am a Beachbody junkie - I've tried and own P90X, P90X3, T25, Insanity, Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, Chalean Extreme, Slim in Six, and of course now Les Mills Combat. I've also done Zumba and love love love kickboxing at the local kickboxing gym, Problem is I never make it all the way through any of the 60 or 90 day programs. I always start out great, but then something happens to literally drain my body of all energy. I get exhausted and run down, which causes me to skip workouts and then off the wagon I fall. What I need more than anything is to figure out how to keep the energy up and not quit!! What motivates me are my kids - being healthy for them and having the energy to keep up with them. Also that the big 40 is approaching, and with every year that passes, it gets harder to get these 30 lbs off!
  • infinikitty
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have a feeling we are going to be a great group of motivators for each other! I'm so excited to be working out alongside of all of you! Let's make this the program that helps us reach our goals!!!

Becky - you should totally do the Richmond Monument Ave. 10k with me March 28th! It was my first and it's AMAZING! Flat, fast, and super fun with bands playing music the entire way! It's a run/walk and only $30 for the rest of December!

Jen - I've been a Beachbody junkie for years...love these programs!! Glad you took advantage of the specials! I did, too haha
  • Fitnesmom
    Options
    I know what you mean, Jen. I tend to start out really strong and for me, I usually end up getting sick for some reason and that is the reason for me to stop working out. It's weird. It's either I catch a cold or I start my period and then, I am done...I don't want to do that this time. I already feel myself fighting a cold. :(