Kettlebell Kitchen?

I'm one of the lucky few to live in the AmazonFresh zones of NYC....seriously incredible grocery delivery at completely reasonable prices! Anyhow, they offer kettlebell kitchen delivered to your door. It is NOT cheap- about $13/ large meal, but I really would like to supplement my groceries and cooking with healthy, diet-compatible prepared meals. Lean Cuisines are so full of sodium and are not satisfying or even close to paleo, so I'm really in a bind. Since I prefer a mostly paleo diet (I make some exceptions for really good dairy- like Siggi's greek yogurts or occasional milk in scrambled eggs, etc), I think these could work great for me. Some of the descriptions look pretty tasty. It is primarily meat (chicken, beef, turkey, pork) with a veggie side and/or sweet potatoes.

My plan is to order one or two and decide if it is worth it, but I am wondering if anyone has any opinions on it? If I like it, I will probably order four or so per week and use them as my work lunches and dinner. They are large enough that one would probably work as lunch for two days and be filling and great with my calories.

Let me know if you have any experience with these meals!

Replies

• cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    No experience, but I would also not be able to afford such a thing!! I know we have a Paleo food vendor in our area, but cost makes me cook for myself.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    edited December 2014
    When I did Crossfit for about a minute, I jumped on the bandwagon and ordered through a place called Level Up and surprisingly, the food was tasty and good portions. The prices were pretty good too (cheaper than Jenny Craig), but when I dropped out of Crossfit, I dropped out of that meal plan.

ETA: If you can afford it and don't like to cook, I say go for it!
  • ElisaMicciulli
    ElisaMicciulli Posts: 41 Member
    I agree with Grok, if you can try it, go for it.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Thanks! My issue is not that I don't like to or want to cook, but just that its not always possible. If I don't pre-make my lunch for work I will end up spending at least $10 for something anyways (damn cost of living in NYC) so splitting this in two days would actually be more affordable....anyhow I will report back if they are good!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited December 2014
    I would say go for it too f you can afford it!! I believe in spending $ to gain health if its reasonable. I have little so I spend on groceries. I could never support eating out. BUT, In NYC, I bet its more than reasonable to spend $13 a meal if you eat out anyway.

I don't have time to cook on workdays either, I batch cook, I freeze, I use grab and go like tuna salad and celery. I make full use of my Crockpot collection. I usually make a soup a week all winter and make a large batch and freeze most of it so I have a variety to pick. Soup and salad...easy. Right now I have cabbage meatball, ham and cabbage, turkey vegetable and french onion. I plan to add as I go all the while rotating it so I don't get sick of anything. You can also just freeze meals...like I froze zucchini lasagna amd roast beef and mashed cauliflower. We are having those for dinner this week.
  • lightsynergy
    lightsynergy Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, I have tried the kettle bell kitchen. I was really excited and ordered a whole week of meals. At the time I didn't really love it as I had hoped, heavy on the garlic for me, and veggies undercooked for my taste. The veggies were a much smaller portion than the meat. I ended up not finishing the meals. That being said, I'm also thinking about giving them a try again. Its just that my home cooking is so much better but I often don't get to it and end up eating other things.
  • kimmae17
    kimmae17 Posts: 64 Member
    Ive gotten kettlebell kitchen a bunch, i really like the bacon coconut chicken, huevos rancheros, any chili, and pulled pork, its expensive so i would buy usually two things a week and have them in case of emergency!
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    So I got my first few meals yesterday and so far I really liked the one I had! I got the large sizes so one meal is easily two lunches for me, which make sit fairly cost effective if I do about 4 meals/ week since I was usually buying lunch at least 2 days a week anyways. Thanks for the feedback!