Low carb vs keto?

Options
Leanbean65
Leanbean65 Posts: 176 Member
I've tried actually doing the keto diet for a while, while I kept it up for a few weeks and saw great results I just don't think I can do it forever. I do feel much better not eating too many carbs . Much less hungry between meals and better energy, I'm actually sleeping better too.
Any ideas for low carb macros vs keto macros? Als0 I'm getting tired of eggs for breakfast any other good ideas?

Replies

• dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Ate you eating nuts and berries yet?
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    dawlfin318 wrote: »
    Are you eating nuts and berries yet?

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If you are missing the carbs, add back 5g at a time until you get where you feel comfortable. Of course keeping your protein moderate and your fat higher. I haven't tried any of the LC or keto breakfast muffin or pancake recipes. Or protein smoothies. Maybe someone else can help you out there.

You can eat anything for breakfast really. I make a crustless quiche sometimes, adding sausage, spinach, cheese, mushrooms and bacon. It's still eggs, but the taste is a little different. I'm having peanuts for breakkie today. Just for variety sake. And laziness. LOL!
  • Leanbean65
    Leanbean65 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    The quiche sounds good, I'm am eating stir fried tofu and berries this morning. I'm not a great cook so easy recipes are good for me :)
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    When I'm tired of eggs I usually eat some cheese and nuts, along with the bpc.
  • nomoredoughnuts
    nomoredoughnuts Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You just have to experiment a lot until you find what works for you.
    For instance, I found that chopping cashews and almonds, sprinkling some cinnamon and having that with almond milk is what I have to have when I crave cereal. I have basically found way to stop specific carb-filled cravings! :)

Best of luck to you!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Leanbean65 wrote: »
    The quiche sounds good, I'm am eating stir fried tofu and berries this morning. I'm not a great cook so easy recipes are good for me :)

The quiche is pretty easy.
    6 eggs
    1/2 c heavy cream or half and half
    1/2 c cheese
    Then add mushrooms, spinach, meat and etc. The amount varies depending on leftovers for me, but a couple oz each ingredient does the trick. I usually add some spices, garlic salt and pepper.
    Bake at 350 for about 30 min. Knife stuck in the center should come out clean. Makes about 6 good size servings.
  • eric829_
    eric829_ Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That quiche sounds good. I will try that!!!
  • Elwin5
    Elwin5 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I find myself getting tired of eggs too at times (but not often, I love eggs and quiches), so, unless it is law somewhere....I eat leftovers for breakfast...that little bit of goodness from the night before. It breaks it up a little, plus it is quick to microwave and get on with your day. Blessings!