Cloud Bread - Ever have it?

Options
boomerkae
boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
Flourless 'bread'. Curious - anyone ever try this?

3 eggs, separated

3 ounces reduced-fat/fat-free cream cheese OR 3 tablespoons sour cream or ricotta cheese or cottage cheese or thick yogurt

1/2 teaspoon Splenda granular

1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar

Pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray and set aside.

In a large bowl, with very clean beaters, whip the egg whites with the cream of tartar for 3-4 minutes – or until very stiff peaks form and they are almost turning dry. Set aside.

With the same beaters, in a large bowl beat the cold cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the egg yolks, Splenda, and salt for 2 minutes until light yellow.

Gently fold one-third of the egg whites into the yolk mixture to lighten. Fold in the remaining whites until all fluffs disappear, but be careful not to deflate them.

Mound into desired sizes on the prepared baking sheet (or in a pizza pan, or muffin tins, or a mini loaf pan…whatever shape and size you want). Bake for 30 minutes – depending on size. (I made 6 large pieces and 30 minutes was just right. Smaller sizes will require less time…just watch.) They should be a deep golden brown and crispy to the touch.

Immediately loosen with a pancake turner and allow to cool for a few minutes on the pan. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container or plastic bag.

These are the stats for the WHOLE recipe. Divide by how many servings you prefer.

Total Recipe: 474 Calories; 28 g Protein; 36 g Tot Fat; 7 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 1 g Sugar; 533 mg Sodium

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    don't know if it was this exact recipe-but it was pointless and awful. better to learn how to make crepes or farinata for wraps
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    This is different!
    How did it turn out for you?!?
  • boomerkae
    Options
    2BeHappy2 wrote: »
    This is different!
    How did it turn out for you?!?

I haven't made it yet. Wanted some opinions on it. I've been trying many other things though!
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Oh, ok...when you said " (I made 6 large pieces and 30 minutes was just right. Smaller sizes will require less time…just watch.) They should be a deep golden brown and crispy to the touch" I took it that youd made them already :neutral_face:
  • boomerkae
    Options
    Yeah, I just copied everything straight from the blog I found it on ;)
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    don't know if it was this exact recipe-but it was pointless and awful. better to learn how to make crepes or farinata for wraps

THIS!! ^^^^^
  • boomerkae
    Options
    Thaeda wrote: »

THIS!! ^^^^^

Well thank you Thaeda and Mango! Scrapping this one... Thanks for saving my time, energy, and food!!
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Mango has a (I think it is) a farina crepe recipe that she uses for wraps…she has shared it before-maybe she will share again?