Week 1 check in!

Options
msnucerity
msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
Hi Everyone!

Here's where we will all check in and update our progress on goals, whatever they be :)

For instance my goal is to lose 20 lbs from Jan 1st to Mar 20th so here is my baseline:

week 1: 176lbs
goal: 156 lbs
progress: n/a

Next week I will post something like:

week 1: 176 lbs
week 2: 175.5
goal: 156 lbs
progress: - 1.5 lbs

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Replies

• brackes
    Options
    Hi,
    Week 1: 163lbs
    Goal: 152 lbs
    Progress: n/a
  • LolaGoad
    LolaGoad Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am new to this way of eating. I just started yesterday. So far so good!! Im Lola!!
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Week 1: ? lbs (I have not weighed myself in 5 months, all my clothes feel and fit the same)
    Goal: I am not looking to loose weight but I may doing this, I am content with the way I feel but my main goal is to work on gut health and to drop caffeine for at least the month.
  • knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I really need to lose weight but my main focus right now is on continuing to regain my health (and energy). My challenges are going to be getting off diet coke, sugar, and dairy (and in doing so hope the weight loss happens). I think I've just about decided to attempt all of my grocery shopping at Sprouts because there are way fewer temptations.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Not sure what my weight loss goal will be for this month. This is my first shot at a Whole30/Paleo type eating plan, so I am unsure what to expect. My start weight is 216 so obviously I have a lot to lose and it won't happen in one month's time. However, my overall goal is to lower my cholesterol. My Dr said if I lower my cholesterol this month then he will not put me on meds and let me "cure" it on my own through a healthy lifestyle.
  • lovelyrose11
    Options
    On a side note - I am not sure if anyone has thought about an exercise routine yet. I will be doing Jillian Michael's Body Revolution.
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be really strict for the 30 days! I do not want to set a weight loss goal, although that is a big reason for doing this. I am doing measurements today and that is what I will monitor. I want to not get on the scale for 30 days (ooh there's a goal). I also want to start back at crossfit on Monday and give it my all and see how I feel doing paleo and crossfit together. Good luck everyone and thank you to msnucerity for starting this group : )
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My goal is to do the whole 30 except to keep whey protein and BCAA's. Continue weight training 4 x per week plus HIIT/walking. I am not new to paleo lifestyle; however Ihave added grains and sugar in my diet lately and its getting out of control! The Whole 30 program does not suggest we weigh ourselves or count calories during this period; however I will keep track of my calorie deficit.

So my daily goals:
    Calories: 1300 daily (I have hypothyroidism so bmr is low) & ensure I stay within macros
    Exercise: Have I reached my pre-set goal (Polar activity tracker)
    Whole foods: Have I eliminated added sugar, grains, processed foods, dairy and coffee...

Good luck everyone and a very Happy New Year.
    Juliste

• sexykima
    sexykima Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Kima and I am 48, from Corrales, New Mexico.

My goal is to do the Whole 30 (maybe even a whole 60!) with a yoga/Body Pump regime to help me lose weight, balance my moods and stabilize my hormones. My long-term goal is to lose 40 pounds (10 pounds this month), but mostly I am doing this for my overall wellbeing. I want to feel healthy, energized and happy :) and I intend to transition to a Paleo lifestyle afterwards.

I notice that when I eat dairy I feel phlegmy and bloated (TMI?) and when I eat wheat and sugar I feel anxious, overwhelmed and depressed. Yuck! This is the third time I'm doing the Whole 30 and let me tell you, each time I did it in the past I felt so amazing!!! It truly is transformational! I want to feel like that all of the time!!!

week 1: 160 lbs
    goal: 150 lbs

Happy New Year! Let's rock this!!!
  • eahouston
    eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Liz :) I just wrote a bunch on the intro page, so I'll keep this short and sweet lol.

Starting Weight: 162 pounds
    Short-term Goal: 150 pounds
    Long-term Goal: 140 pounds

I don't really have a timeline for my weightloss. I'm a VERY slow loser with PCOS and Insulin Resistance, but here's hoping being 100% committed to a Paleo way of life helps melt those pounds off :) If I could get down to 150 by spring (where I was most of the last few years,) I'd be delighted. I'll kind of reevaluate there if I want to work on maintaining the loss for a while or if I still have it in me to get back down to where I haven't been in close to 10 years, down in the 140s. I've gotta believe it's possible!! :-D

Nice to see there's a few people who are basically at the same starting weight- awesome! Please feel free to add me as a friend. I'm going to switch my Diary over to public rather than just friends, so anyone's welcome to view what I'm eating each day.

Here's to a fabulous 2015! Did I say "short and sweet?" Oops... Hope everyone's off to a great start!!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    My goals for the month are:

-Complete Couch to 5K again
    -NO junk for 30 days (processed, packaged, fast food, Gluten free substitutes, chips, fries, etc.)
    -No Dairy for 30 days (it seems to be causing me rashes again, possibly sinus and inflammation)
    -Moderate to low carb~under 100g. (allowing some leeway here since I am trying to quit vices that hurt me worse!)
    -On January 31st, I can have a cheat meal if I even need one by then!
  • lovelyrose11
    Options
    I started between 215-216 and this morning I weighed in at 212.6! Quite pleased...
  • sunshine5610
    sunshine5610 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    week 1: 158 lbs
    goal: 135 lbs