Introduce Yourself!!

Options
Hello! My husband and I have been TTC for a few months now. I am 40 years old and have never had a baby. It's time and the clock is ticking loudly! Feel free to add me as a friend!

Replies

• MrsOlson1006
    MrsOlson1006 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kristin and I currently have one child. After having him I was diagnosed with PCOS and have been TTC for almost 2 yrs. The doctors will not treat me until I lose 20lbs. I'm getting sick of hearing... "so when are you going to have another one?"
  • fancycakemaker
    fancycakemaker Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello Kristin! Welcome! I know what you mean with the "so when are you going to have another one" question. I have been married for a year and I keep hearing "Your clock is ticking and you better get going". Ugh. We're working on it! lol. Do you have a hard time losing weight too? I cut out breads and pasta and I'm losing 3 pounds a week.
  • MrsOlson1006
    MrsOlson1006 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I tried doing Paleo diet which is awesome when I can stick to it. It's extremely hard to stick to especially because my hubby doesn't eat healthy (and is skinny!) I lost 10lbs in first week of being on Paleo.
  • fancycakemaker
    Options
    My husband is skinny too and he eats like a horse. He tells me "just one bite won't hurt". UGH! That one bite can trigger crazy sugar cravings! lol
  • agoessli
    agoessli Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Anne.y hubs and I got pregnant with our first right after I lost around 40 lbs. Since then, I've gained about 25 back and stopped ovulating in July. I'm so ready to have another and am starting to lose hope. Looking forward to being a part of this group!
  • fancycakemaker
    Options
    My name is Heather by the way. I can't believe I forgot to mention that. :smile:
  • amanda_richelle
    amanda_richelle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Amanda. My hubby and I got married in October. We've been getting the "When are you going to have a baby" since before then. Unfortunately, it's not that easy. Sixteen years ago hubby had a vasectomy while married to his first wife. He has two kids (18 & 19 years old), but we want one of our own. Thankfully, it is possible to reverse a vasectomy, but I don't see the point in it if I'm not healthy enough to conceive and carry a baby. So that is what 2015 is all about. Get this (hopefully) Momma healthy!
  • jnighsteenswanderson
    Options
    I'm Jen, just finishing up my 8th cycle of ttc (which I realize isn't long but it feels like forever sometimes). I had an early loss in the summer and really want to get myself in good health as I want to do everything in my control to make my next little one 'stick'. My hubby and I are both trying to lose weight but don't seem to be able to hold each other accountable so I am looking forward to this group. Thanks for starting this Heather!
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Katherine. I'm in my late 20's and have been married for a few years now. My husband and I have been starting to talk more frequently about having our first child over the past few months.

I realized early on that I would need to lose weight to have a healthy pregnancy. So far I have lost over 44 pounds, but have another 20-40 to go in order to get to a reasonably healthy weight. I'm hoping to start trying TTC in another 3-5 months.

I'm very excited to be part of this group!