Day 1

Options
lovelyrose11
lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
Go Team!!! Right now I am sitting here eating scrambled eggs with mushrooms. I am curious to see what everyone else is eating (because I would love some ideas)..

Replies

• sexykima
    sexykima Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!!! I'm having some Meat and Spinach muffins from the Well Fed 2 cookbook. I love these muffins because I can just grab-and-go during the week. Yummy! I have a perfect Whole 30 day of food planned out. For lunch I'm having some leftover pot roast and veggies and for dinner Taj Mahal Chicken and cauliflower rice also from Well Fed 2! Let's rock this!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Good planning! I am making cauliflower rice right now.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy girls! We had a vegetable omelet for breakfast. I had some sugar free applesauce for my sugar addiction and right now I am waiting for a headache to go away so I can go get my workout in.
  • Slaphapy74
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a 3 egg and Spinach omelet. I use coconut oil to coat the frying pan.
    I am planning to make some cupcake omelets with spinach so I can take them to work with me so I don't have to eat in the morning when I'm not hungry before work.
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Poached eggs on a piece of bacon! Very yummy but its the last piece of bacon I will have for a week or so. I could eat it every day but am not sure it is great eating that much. I like the look of some of the granolas that are around. I bought the paleo grubs book and it is amazing so I am going to go in to that and have a look.
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Yes omelette for me. 2 eggs, spinach, basil and little tomatoes from our garden. Yummy with a cup of green tea.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Today I had tuna salad wraps on Romaine lettuce leaves with tomato, turkey cutlets cooked in olive oil with lemon, garlic and thyme, broccoli with ghee, and some frozen fruit. I will need something more before I go to bed (I work late, so I am up later too).
  • ksellen1
    ksellen1 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I had 2 eggs over some left over sauteed onions and peppers with flank steak, for lunch/dinner I had chili (we slept in late so breakfast was around 11) then I had another meal before bed because I was super hungry of 2 eggs and a little ham
  • ksellen1
    ksellen1 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I post every meal on an app called Twogrand that allows you to log your food with photos, no calorie counting or anything. It's an outlet for my obsession of taking pictures of my food without driving my friends and family nuts on FB or Instagram. Feel free to follow me ksellen.
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm all that sounds delish! Yesterday was leftover roasted chicken, veggies, some deviled eggs and an avocado with almond butter :)

Today has started off with BACON galore!! Then off to the grocery store to get more provisions and I also want to attempt pickling/marinading sardines to see if that makes them more... palatable...

Happy Jan 2nd all!
  • womblewoo
    womblewoo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi all after gaining 8llbs in December and sick of the yo yo dieting I've been doing for years I am determined to change the way I eat for good. Been doing lots of reading and am going for more clean than strict paleo....hope ok to still join in with you all!
    So today weighed in at 142llbs. Breakfast was spinach, berry, banana and spirulina smoothie, lunch houmous with carrot, cucumber, celery and pepper sticks. Snack was handful of almonds and walnuts and dinner I am going to make scrambled eggs, salmon, mushroom and beef tomatoes.
    My commitment is a month of no booze (eek!!) no processed food no wheat no sugar and limited dairy (butter, feta, halloumi, Greek yoghurt and ricotta I am allowing myself). Fingers crossed!
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    A half whole30 day for me: started off with eggs and the last of the cheese in an omelet. Am picking up some ghee for cooking tomorrow. Lunch and dinner was turkey stirfried in coconut oil with leeks. Lots of fruit tea since am off the dairy for this month. And am definitely off the booze - had quite enough over New Year! Had an excursion to the Covered Market in Oxford, and got some venison and pork chops to be creative with during the week. Tomorrow evening might be a challenge, am eating out at a pub! Hope they have a choice I will be able to eat.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    mizpoke wrote: »
    A half whole30 day for me: started off with eggs and the last of the cheese in an omelet. Am picking up some ghee for cooking tomorrow. Lunch and dinner was turkey stirfried in coconut oil with leeks. Lots of fruit tea since am off the dairy for this month. And am definitely off the booze - had quite enough over New Year! Had an excursion to the Covered Market in Oxford, and got some venison and pork chops to be creative with during the week. Tomorrow evening might be a challenge, am eating out at a pub! Hope they have a choice I will be able to eat.

Sounds good! I need to be off dairy too!! One of the things I try to do when going off dairy is eat foods that don't normally have it...like stir fries.

Have you cooked venison before? It is kind of testy as far as meat goes. If you don't like your first attempt, don't give up I thought I hated it for years! Plus the source is important. Feel free to message me if you are new to it.