January 2015 - Who's In?

Options
kcasey155
kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
New Year, new start! Hi, I'm Karen and I'm in Surrey, England. I'm a mum of five and will be walking with my year old daughter in her buggy. I enjoy walking while listening to music or podcasts and would like to lose 21lb this year, but fitness is my priority. My goal this month will be high as I want to kick start the new year, so I'm going for 150 miles. This is a distance I've not yet achieved inside a month and will definitely be a challenge for me.

Who are you? Where are you? What's your goal? Remember your goal should be suitable for you and it doesn't matter if you record in miles, steps, hours or whatever. For help see the thread 'Recording Progress'.

Replies

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Karen!! I am in. did you have a good Christmas?
  • juliejellydaniel
    Options
    I'm in. Going to start with 100miles in a month. Will have to check out how to monitor it but have to do something. I have two girls, 6 and 8 and still blame them for my belly! Time to take charge and get fit and thin. I'm based in north kent. Here we go!!!
  • kcasey155
    Options
    Hi Lil, Yes had the best Christmas ever I think. Hope you did too!
    Welcome juliejellydaniel
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Last month between vacation days and the rain I did 188.07 miles. I am with you in starting the year off strong - but just incase the weather doesn't cooperate my goal will be 200 miles.
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I'm in and doing much better with just this little incentive. I get off work in a bit and will make sure I get my 10k for the day. Thanks so much for the challenge, Kcasey!
  • Sivangj
    Sivangj Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Happy New year all. Im in :)
    I am Siv from northen part of Norway. I have som kg I want to beat but most of all I do this for my helth. Strugle with Fibromyalgia and this part of year is the worst. So I going for same goals as last month. 180 km during January and at least 5 500 steps a day :)
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would like to join the group please. I have walked 5.2 miles today I just need to sort out my ticker and away we go. Very excited about the challenge.
  • angieshubin
    angieshubin Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Longtobelean
    Longtobelean Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm 31 weeks pregnant with #4, so I'm just shooting for 1.5 miles a day. This will help my blood sugar and the end of pregnancy aches and pains.
  • kcasey155
    Options
    Well done Longtobelean! Way to keep going and keep active. I know from experience how important it is not to use pregnancy as an excuse and just sit and veg out ;) I made that mistake with number four and kept active with number five and it turned out soooooo much better in every way!

Good to see a couple of familiar faces and an especially big welcome to the newbies!
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Got derailed in December and my fit bit died but I am back for January! I know it's started and I am going again on day 5!
  • herculzjo
    herculzjo Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Starting late. Haven't been really walking much lately and I so miss it. Will use my fitbit to keep track.