I did it. I started!

Options
I have been so lazy the last week or so! I skipped all my workouts last week, including cardio. Ugh! BUT... I started Combat today as planned. Let me tell you: I REALLY regret skipping that week!!! But, I started and I made it through so I'm pleased, and pumped. Now...it's day 4 that has me nervous!

How'd you all fare?

Replies

• My_Fitness_Journey2020
    My_Fitness_Journey2020 Posts: 176 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yay on starting!! :) Combat 45 isn't too bad, it's a little more challenging than 30. The HIIT workouts are the ones that I struggle with, but I hate burpees so that can have a lot to do with it. You got this! :)
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until the HIIT workouts! Those are what T25 was totally based around, so I'm so used to that. Can't way I love burpees but I love cardio, so anything that makes me sweat I'm good. Way to go Kathie!
  • mugglewump701
    mugglewump701 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I just did the Power HIIT and holy burpees Batman! I guess this is my chance to get better at them :p The back of my shoulders are so sore from the Combat 30 yesterday! I'm not burning as many calories yet compared to T25, but I'm sure that will come when I'm more comfortable with the workout.
  • Fitnesmom
    Options
    kdaures wrote: »
    I have been so lazy the last week or so! I skipped all my workouts last week, including cardio. Ugh! BUT... I started Combat today as planned. Let me tell you: I REALLY regret skipping that week!!! But, I started and I made it through so I'm pleased, and pumped. Now...it's day 4 that has me nervous!

How'd you all fare?

Great work starting up! Sometimes it just takes that first day. Yesterday was my rest day so today I will be doing the 45 and the 30 tomorrow. I am not sure what HIIT is but I can't stand burpees and I really don't like Insanity. I am more of a pilates/yoga/combat girl myself:).

• kdaures
    Options
    Fitnesmom wrote: »

Great work starting up! Sometimes it just takes that first day. Yesterday was my rest day so today I will be doing the 45 and the 30 tomorrow. I am not sure what HIIT is but I can't stand burpees and I really don't like Insanity. I am more of a pilates/yoga/combat girl myself:).

HIIT is high intensity interval training and it was day 2 of the combat series so I did it today. The burpees almost killed me today but I made it through!

• infinikitty
    Options
    Yeah I definitely took a break or two...sweating up a storm too!!
  • Fitnesmom
    Options
    So, I am thinking that maybe I don't have the same version of the Combat series that everyone else has. I will post the titles of the DVDs when I get home but mine came with gloves and a tape measure but no schedule. It did come with a menu planner...
  • infinikitty
    Options
    It should be! Did you get a "Stay with the Fight" fitness guide?
  • Fitnesmom
    Options
    It should be! Did you get a "Stay with the Fight" fitness guide?

I am not sure. I will have to look at everything again. I printed out the workout schedule from Team Beach Body and it looks like it combines PiYo. Guess I am going to have to make my first purchase for the New Year!! lol
  • mugglewump701
    mugglewump701 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The Beach Body website has the basic schedules for their programs. Here are the ones for Les Mills Combat: http://www.teambeachbody.com/home/-/dl_get_file/36e37231-2115-486d-a05a-879758590d44

These are the schedules that are in the fitness guide that Cat referred to. It seems that a lot of us are doing the Combat Warrior schedule with 2 rest days, but you can do whatever you want!

They also provide some hybrid schedules so you can mix different programs: http://www.teambeachbody.com/en_US/get-fit/fitness-tools/workout-sheets. If they don't have something you are looking for, you can always Google it since it seems there are a lot of Beach Body fans that come up with all sorts of hybrid schedules.

I completed Combat 45 this morning and am so excited for my rest day tomorrow, lol. These past 3 days have completely kicked my butt and I am so sore!

Is anyone else following the nutrition guide? I'm doing the 7 day kick start and it's rough but I think I'm finally starting to like grapefruit...
  • infinikitty
    Options
    I'm not following the nutrition guide, because I still follow the 21 Day Fix eating guidelines pretty closely and they're very similar. It's a good jumpstart though...clean eating is a great detox! I'm sore, too! About to go do Combat 45 and DEFINITELY looking forward to my rest day tomorrow!
  • infinikitty
    Options
    I posted the picture of the schedule I'm following in the Schedule discussion we were having. And just to make sure, are you sure the schedule you printed does say PiYo not Plyo? They look very similar and people get them confused all the time! Combat does have PLYO, as in plyometrics, while PIYO is pilates/yoga. Just wanted to make sure just in case! Either way, jumping into the workouts and getting them done is the first step anyways, so woohoo!
  • Fitnesmom
    Options
    The Beach Body website has the basic schedules for their programs. Here are the ones for Les Mills Combat: http://www.teambeachbody.com/home/-/dl_get_file/36e37231-2115-486d-a05a-879758590d44

These are the schedules that are in the fitness guide that Cat referred to. It seems that a lot of us are doing the Combat Warrior schedule with 2 rest days, but you can do whatever you want!

They also provide some hybrid schedules so you can mix different programs: http://www.teambeachbody.com/en_US/get-fit/fitness-tools/workout-sheets. If they don't have something you are looking for, you can always Google it since it seems there are a lot of Beach Body fans that come up with all sorts of hybrid schedules.

I completed Combat 45 this morning and am so excited for my rest day tomorrow, lol. These past 3 days have completely kicked my butt and I am so sore!

Is anyone else following the nutrition guide? I'm doing the 7 day kick start and it's rough but I think I'm finally starting to like grapefruit...

I decided not to follow the nutrition guide. My Nutri Ninja came with a book called Eat To Lose, Eat To Win and it's all about a fiber-rich diet and so far, I love it! I have been on it for almost 2 weeks and its very realistic to me and I feel full longer. I am going to stick with that and my wife is going to help me come up with really great power smoothies to add to my day as well.
    With that being said, I am on a 1399 Net calorie intake that Julian Michaels came up with for my current size. I am 5'4" and currently 190 lbs. Is anyone about the same size? if so, what is your net calorie intake for MFP?