Pre-start: 1/1/15

Options
balancedwalker
balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
I know that all of you are super excited to start the new year right. That is awesome. My plan for today is:

1. Stay within calories limit
2. Walk at least 30 minutes
3. Drink at least 12 glasses or 3 liters of water
4. Keep sodium and sugar intake within limit.
5. Chill out and enjoy the day

I got my backyard up and will be working on my urban garden.

What are your plans for the day?

Replies

• balancedwalker
    edited January 2015
    Options
    To keep your interest in this challenge I will suggest that the members share any daily interests, pics, NSV, and whatever that they are comfortable sharing with the group in either the daily thread or members can create a separate thread for the purpose.

Though I have stated this elsewhere also but the group spreadsheet is unique in the sense that you are asked to enter your weight at ONLY ONE place. I will automate the spreadsheet to point the weight to the 10 days interval weigh in on the milestone date (we have 10 milestone dates for this 100 days challenge also). This will eliminate the weigh in date deadlines. Group rankings will be issued every milestone date.

Please add your current weight to the spreadsheet and then update your weight on the day that you are comfortable with.
  • wonderss99
    Options
    1. Stay within calorie limit
    2. Exercise at least 30 mins
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Thank you Balancedwalker!!!!
    I woke up this morning, missing the chance to post something in our old group! Then I realized you started this thread!!! You just made me really happy!
    Today:
    I will update my info in the new spreadsheet
    Will keep calories at their usual rate
    Rest day after a crazy week
    Plenty of water
    Good sleep
    Scout new gyms because this girl is missing the squat rack like crazy ;)

One of my MFP friends posted this:

"Today is the first page of a 365 page book: Write a good one!"

Make it fabulous everyone!!!!!
  • Astraea05
    Astraea05 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!!! So excited to start this new challenge for the new year with you all!
    Log my food today and stay under
    Get in 3 miles of walking ( last day in florida then back to wi tomorrow)

• rebetha82
    rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! First things first, have a great, happy, healthy and successfull new year! I am excited about this sequel and I will work hard on losing those remaining 3 pounds of the 100 days to 2015 challenge before this challenge officially starts :smile: One of my new year resolutions is to be more active in this group than I have been in the prequel, so off I go.

My goals for today are
    - stay within
    - exercise (done!)
    - be happy (ongoing)

Have a great day!
  • chaines7169
    chaines7169 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    today: 1. write down food
    2. stationary bike 20 min. Freezing today so no walk outside, Boo Hoo.
  • forevertoday
    forevertoday Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    To complete day 2/week1 of c25k :)
  • balancedwalker
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have added my kid to the spreadsheet under balancedwalkerjunior. If you are in similar situation then feel free to add any family/friend to the spreadsheet.
  • brendamac464
    brendamac464 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I am back on track and happy that I've found this group. It's exactly what I need.
    Today I will:
    Set new goals
    Stay within my calorie limits
    Exercise for 60 mins
    Drink lots of water and green tea

• brendamac464
    brendamac464 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How do I find the spreadsheet?
  • kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    this group looks great! my goal for the day is weirdly enough to eat more. I have started a new workout program and am burning hella calories, but the big deficits are slowing me down on the scale. I need to gram some healthy snacks between meals.
  • AndyFromGeneva
    AndyFromGeneva Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you mean, Kimberly. Eating more won't get you lower weight. But it may be necessary to sustain yourself if you're burning more calories...
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Brendamac464, the spreadsheet is a link right under the group title.

Kimberlyhurt, I know exactly what you mean. Try some protein shakes with whole milk. They provide about 180 calories a serving plus the milk.
    Why should we eat more to loose weight??? Only my favorite question... It's like drinking more water so you're body doesn't store it! weighloss should be done at a sensible rate ( TDEE - 10%, or 20% or 25% for extreme if you have way over 150lb to loose). When you work out a lot, you need to feed your body accordingly so you don't drop under BMR. The more you exercise the more food you need to eat!
  • AndyFromGeneva
    AndyFromGeneva Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Certainly not saying exercise doesn't allow you more calories. Just saying that consuming more calories will not cause you to lose more -- just the opposite.
  • 808Kine
    808Kine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Awesome timing to find this group......thank you so much!! I am in the process of training for my first triathlon and have not met all of my training goals over the past 3 months. The swimming portion has me shaking in my shoes! Anyway, my goals for the 100 day challenge will be to continue with my tri training (Santa brought me my first road bike and I can't wait to try it out!), lose approximately 20-25 pounds and attempt to work in the P90x program to help with strength. As for today, I am just recovering from the flu which has had me couch bound for most of the week, so it was a feat just getting up and cleaning the kitchen today! I did take all unhealthy food out of the fridge to get off to a fresh start and the kids (young teen boys) are giving me the eye rolling thing :-) Here's to an awesome 2015 folks!!
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this group, definitely need a challenge to motivate me! I don't have much lofty goals for today or this weekend. I have had a wicked bad cold all week and I just want to take this weekend to rest and relax to kick this cold. But I want to make sure I still log everything I eat and stay on top of that.
  • letsdoit2011
    letsdoit2011 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great run today inspired me more to run more.
    Run again tomorrow, see any difference in weight prior to the 11th!