Current weight:202 lbs
Goal weight: 145 lbs - 155 lbs
specs: female, 5 ft 6 in, sedentary job

Advice anyone? I'm all ears. :)

Replies

• jmarton1977
    jmarton1977 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Be patient.... that's been my biggest challenge. If you stick with it, even when you get bored, you'll see results.
  • LuluNH
    LuluNH Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I always stumble the first few days getting into Atkins - I've been following it this time for two years. I fell off the wagon during December but I am on Day 2 of a re-start. For me the best strategy is to stick to whole food choices - it makes it less likely to make an off-plan choice!! Atkins/low carb is the most successful option for me. I'm 49 and spent most of my adult life at 225. I'm focusing on moving from 185 to 160!! Best wishes for an on-plan day!!
  • gingershonobi
    gingershonobi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing day 3. I think I will roll in at under 50g of carbs today, and today is the first day I have logged.

I felt as rough as yesterday, and I can't keep a class of water in me for more than 10mins (or thats how it feels) so I guess something is changing inside me!

Hang in there!
  • therealblackdahlia
    therealblackdahlia Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    I've been on Atkins since mid Oct and have had great success with it (except for a slight blip over the holidays).

The first few days are rough...but hang in there all of the ketosis symptoms subside and you'll feel great afterwards!

Anyone doing the new program, Atkins 40?
  • WVKevin
    WVKevin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The diet is wonderful, especially if you pair it with some sort of workout regimen. Personally I try and run 3 miles 5 days of the week as well as a few short workouts a day. The "Atkins Flu" is a bit of a pain to work through at the beginning but it will come to pass. I have always found it handy to keep some ketone test strips nearby to test my ketone levels daily. Best of luck to you!