Pre-start: 1/2/15

Options
SingRunTing
SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
I didn't see a daily thread posted yet, so I figured I'd start one.

I'm really happy to see some people hanging around here already. I was thinking about how much I would miss the group during the break. I love posting in the daily threads to keep myself accountable!

Anyway, yesterday was a huge success for me. I stayed within my calories, even though I was around my own personal "food pushers" all day and surrounded by platters of cookies and candy! I also did my workout and hit over 13,000 steps! All in all, a great way to kick off 2015.

Goals for today:
1. stay within calories
2. 10,000 steps
3. Swimming for 30 minutes (I was so missing swimming during my p90X, very excited to get back to it)

Replies

• 2CABetterMe
    2CABetterMe Posts: 119 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks SingRunTing for starting today's thread. I started with the first challenge and fell off track with work and ended up gaining weight. Thank God for 2nd chances as I'm to start again. I'm committed to finishing the course thus go round.

My goals for today are:
    1. Log my food
    2. Get my water in - 4 bottles minimum
    3. At least 20 minutes of exercise.
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Thank you SingRunTing for starting the thread!
    Good morning everyone!!!
    Yesterday was a challenging day for me, due mainly to high sugar intake on New Years Eve. Its somewhat like a sugar hangover; I'm glad I made it through with calories in check, good water and a good night rest!
    Second day of the year, let's make it fabulous!
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Excellent going.
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuated up a little bit yesterday, due to a splurge on New Year's Eve, but today I'm back to 199.6, which means my Dec. 31 weigh-in was not a fluke, and I'm actually in Onederland.

Today I'm cooking up a storm for a family party tomorrow, so my only goals are to stay under my calories and get 10 glasses of water.
  • OrangeBabelfish
    OrangeBabelfish Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What do we do if we lose weight between now and the 11th? Is today's weight still my start weight or the one logged on the 11th?
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Well, OrangeBabelfish, I conside my weight of yesterday as the starting weight for the challenge. If you want, you can obviously start fresh on January 11th. The beauty of this group is that we relly on intrinsic motivation and judgment.
    No wips, chains or nagging! We just post our daily accomplishments and struggles and we support ourselves. Each journey is different, each obstacle is unique.
    I like to think of this group as a gathering of sane, determined individuals with a common goal!
    Enjoy your individuality and have a blast!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I'll be updating my weight on Jan 11th. Do whichever method you want.
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    The bottom line is the current weight. Whenever that current is. For progress purposes I will automate the weight posted on the milestone date in the Weigh In tab under current weight. Few benefits of doing this:

1. You don't have to worry too much about deadlines.
    2. It will work for different weigh in dates and time.
    3. Everyone who has at least weighed once will remain the part of the challenge.

Good luck.