Anyone doing P90X3?

Options
TamiHudson
TamiHudson Posts: 83 Member
I just joined this group because I will be doing P90X3 this winter and wanted to team up with some others on MFP who are doing it as well for accountability and encouragement. Anyone out there getting ready to start it as well? I completed the ChaLEAN Extreme workout last year. Ready for some Tony Horton in 2015! :)

Replies

• Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about trying this program soon! Let me know how it is when you start. I've done Insanity and I'd like to buy T25 next....but P90X3 looks interesting too. Maybe your experience will persuade me to change my mind and go with P90X3 as my next purchase :)
  • smckee422
    Options
    I am in Phase 3 of P90X3 and I love it. It's different than T25, but I can feel and see a difference.
  • smckee422
    Options
    I am in Phase 3 of P90X3 and I love it. It's different than T25, but I can feel and see a difference.
  • TamiHudson
    Options
    thanks ladies! I'm finishing up the last phase of my chaLEAN Extreme (I did it over again this fall to get myself back into a more rigid working out schedule) so I will pick up P90X3 probably mid-January. Smckee422, I do not have a pull up bar...is it absolutely necessary that I use one or does Tony offer a modification in case a person does not have a bar?
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    TamiHudson wrote: »
    thanks ladies! I'm finishing up the last phase of my chaLEAN Extreme (I did it over again this fall to get myself back into a more rigid working out schedule) so I will pick up P90X3 probably mid-January. Smckee422, I do not have a pull up bar...is it absolutely necessary that I use one or does Tony offer a modification in case a person does not have a bar?

No pull-up bar is needed! You just need bands; however, if you can afford a pull-up bar, I'd recommend one! I've completed the program and am about to finish my second round right now, and I can say that after completing several other programs, P90X3 is the one that has single-handedly transformed my body the most.

Best of luck to you!
  • TamiHudson
    Options
    Hey thanks, Ryan Horn! I appreciate your response! I have the bands so hopefully that'll do the trick. Have a great New Year's Day!
  • Reaper1219
    Reaper1219 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    P90X3 reverted back to the original P90X. P90X2 utilized additional equipment.
  • labeastette
    labeastette Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just started P90X3 today. It's my first time trying to do the entire program. I've done bits and pieces of it here and there. I've been doing Body Beast mostly for the past year. Wanted to try something different and am curious what kind of results I might see.
  • rdrwhrn1
    Options
    My wife and I started P90X 3 on Monday. We both did P90X and lost a lot of weight almost 2 years ago. We had our 6th child and got a little lazy again and now he's a year old and it's time for mom and dad to get right again! We're excited and sore but we know we can get the results we want. Wish much success to all in 2015! Good luck everyone.
  • amyrichard34
    amyrichard34 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    P90x3 was the only program I wanted to stick with. It transformed my body and relieved my back pain to the point of changing my life! I did not miss a single day in the entire program because I looked forward to the workouts and couldn't believe how quickly and completely I saw results. Good luck to all those starting out, you will be amazed at what you can do. I could do chin ups by the end:-) I'm doing t25 now just for some variety but I will start another round of X3 as soon as I'm done.
  • I decided to start it again. We had a group going and kept each other motivated but with my recent move it was hard to start back. But I'm glad I found this group. I just started fresh with P90X3 two days ago. The toughest part for me is letting go of the sweets. My willpower is weak when it comes to that. When I started the first session I lost 27 pounds (Aug 2014-Oct 2014). I have 33 more pounds to go. I'm excited to see everyone's progress. Happy 2015 and good luck everyone!
  • KratzLPN
    Options
    Yes, and I love it. I do not follow the actual work out routines. I mix it up with all kinds of workouts and do two workouts a day. Easy to fit into my schedule with 2 kids and a full time nurse. I include PiYo, Insanity, P90X, P90x3, free weights, Tap Out, etc. I love mixing it up for max results and no boredom.

Wendy
  • smariefuller
    Options
    I started P90X3 a week ago and love it!! I'm not overweight at all I just need to tone up. I did P90X in Iraq 5 years ago but had another baby and got lazy again. I'm hoping to see results again.
  • KratzLPN
    Options
    I like the diversity. Good luck. :)
  • galenkta
    galenkta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband & I are incorporating both p90 & 3 to fit our busy schedule of driving girls to their sports! If we have time, we try to do p90x hour workout, otherwise 1/2 hour of p90x3. We just started myfitnesspal app & tried to log in p90 in exercise, but quite time consuming! Anybody knows another app that we can add on that calculates p90 workouts?
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm in month 3 of my second round of P90X3, and I remember Total Synergistics being so easy my first few times around. It just seems to be getting harder and harder every time!
  • violetedge
    Options
    I just started P90X3 today. Healthy eating too. Looking forward to the new me.
  • fat2burn2014
    fat2burn2014 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    On my 2nd week of P90X3. Dabbled with the other P90 routines but I am loving the 1/2 hour workouts. FYI - doing the Mass routine. Can't wait to see the results.
  • Vieous28
    Vieous28 Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I just started p90x3 Monday. (5 days ago). I'm having a little bit of a problem figuring out my nutrition. getting enough calories(about 1900) in while keeping the carbs low(like one serving a day).. does anyone have a example daily log that would work for me? or can someone help me modify mine? would really appreciate the help. :)

here is a link to what i did today... not enough calories! not really sure what i should do for my snacks.. I thought about buying protein bars but I really cant afford 2 of those a day..

Also I have a feeling that bananas might not be the best snack because of of the high carbs?

my goal would probably be 300-310 cals per 'meal' including snacks = 1800-1900 cals.

trying to maintain a 50% protein, 30% carbs, and 20% fats ratio..

basically a p90x 'fat shredder' approach

also... I'm trying to do this without spending more than 50-60 bucks a week at the grocery store..

myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Vieous28
  • fat2burn2014
    fat2burn2014 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wish I could help you Vieous. I'm not following the nutrition regime. Just the fitness part. I've found that I am more prone to lapse if I do both. To boost your protein intake with low carb go for nuts. Almonds, walnuts, pistachios. Good luck!