I'm going to finish this time ! starting January 6th 2015

Options
I am trying to count calories and am no good at it so I need help there but I have tried to start insanity a good four times and and ways "get too busy" to finish and I want some people to do it with ,e and help me be more and ways countable for my self. I'm starting January 6th . Anyone want to join me?

Replies

• AlbionOakley
    AlbionOakley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I started today with the fit test if that's any good!
  • secquoria
    secquoria Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started and only got to week 2 of the second month. Pretty much donating to my current gym because I can't get out of the contract. Smooth move right? Time to get it right this time. Insanity, here we go.
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    Ok so as I said, started yesterday.
    I'm Male, about to turn 34, and currently weigh 277.5lb
    Have exercised fairly consistently doing a number of things over the last 5-6 years, powerlifting style strength training, running, and obtained my blue belt in BJJ.
    not managed to do anything in the last 3 months, since the birth of my youngest son, and have struggled to keep my diet in check for a long time, hence the weight. Lowest weight ever was 193lb

Initial fit test results:
    Switch kicks 40
    Power jacks 24
    Power knees 54
    Power jumps 11
    Globe jumps 4
    Suicide jumps 7
    Push up jacks13
    Obliques 30

Today I did "plyometric cardio circuit" and it was hard. By 15 minutes remaining I was struggling for breath, pouring with sweat and my body wouldn't physically complete all the movements, so I was having to take more frequent breaks than prescribed. When it got to the push up position moves I was only able to do the push ups and some of the thrusters, I just wasn't quick enough to keep up with those on the DVD. was glad when it was over, and I was sore before the workout even finished, but feel great now!
  • andreamccarthy26
    Options
    Id definitely be interested in this :)
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    Today was "cardio power" again it was very hard, however the hardest bit was the warmup before the stretches. I started failing at around 13 minutes left and just tried to push and join in as much as possible. There is a funny bit where Shaun asks one of the ladies how she is feeling and she swears and they have to bleep it.
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    "cardio recovery" today. Mainly a yoga workout with some body weight squats and lunges. Got a good sweat on and didn't get out of breath. As this one gets repeated it should improve flexibility and balance. A nice respite!
  • secquoria
    secquoria Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Albion I'm getting really pumped by just reading your posts. Looking forward to following behind you on the 6th. Keep pushing! :)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I just completed my first week! I started as soon as I got it. The fit test was a disaster for me - I had to split it up between 2 different days. Holy cow the DOMS!! Yikes. It was everywhere too! Not just the legs, but the chest and arms. Make sure you have some extra strength advil on hand!

I have basically been doing what I can. I take more breaks, jump back in when Im good to go. I find that I need to do insanity after 2 meals to make a solid workout. If i only eat one meal, then do insanity - I just run out of energy quick. I typically workout 2 hours after I eat on this one, or I am 100% sure I would throw up.
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow - January 5. I am so excited! Good luck!
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    Just completed pure cardio- this is one I had to take at my own pace to an extent. There is a 3 minute circuit, then stretches then around 20 minutes which is an endless stream of movements with no scheduled breaks. I had to take 2 quick water breaks before halfway and probably 4 in the second half. By the time it got to "suicide jumps" near the end I started to feel dizzy and had to take a break and join back in for the next exercise.

Several of the people on the DVD have to stop for breaks too though, and even Shaun is done in at the end.

Dakotababy, have you got DOMS in the soles of your feet yet? That's not fun!
  • dakotababy
    Options
    lol Yes - I had issues with me feet after the fit test! I will admit, my shoes were not my regular gym shoes but my casual everyday shoes that are beyond need of replacement.

This was a first for me.

• dakotababy
    Options
    Pure Cardio was a nightmare! I was ready to go - previewing the dvd, and was expecting there to be the 30 second break in there...then I realized there was none. I got dizzy right at the same time. I always try to get those suicide jumps in since they are my biggest challenge. Like you, I got dizzy at the exact same time.
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey folks! I've completed the INSANITY series 3x am currently in the Gamma month of T25...then Insanity Max 30....if you need motivation etc friend me :) I'm a Shaun T Junky ha ha ha!

Good Luck and DIG DEEPER!
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    Birthday workout- plyometric cardio circuit. Focused on form and doing as many good reps in the time allotted as I could. Lasted an extra couple of minutes before collapsing in a heap. During the plank drills I just stayed down and did as much as I could!

Good luck to those starting today!
  • dakotababy
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I am on week 2, workout 2 - I believe it is Pure Cardio today. This one was a challenge on week one, but at least this time I know to expect no breaks! :)

Just wanted to say that my weight on the scale has not changed, but that is ok. I have gone from 33in to 31in JUST IN MY WAIST! Even my boyfriend (live in) said he has noticed a change in the last few days since starting Insanity!

Keep Going! :) These results are AMAZING!
  • graveslj1988
    Options
    Started last week. Pure Cardio yesterday left my shin splints on fire. Looking forward to today's cardio recovery
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    Lost 1.8lb in week one, despite having a meal called "man vs burrito" for my birthday lunch.
    Power and resistance circuit today, proper done in by the end!
  • cardozojoann
    cardozojoann Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello. Have you started yet? I've been doing insanity since October but took December off due to moving and a lot of stress. I restarted month 2 January 29th. I love insanity workouts. I came believe I have 2 weeks left and I will be done
  • dakotababy
    Options
    I am almost done week two, going into my second fit test on Monday! I am kind of scared of that fit test, though I am now used to the workouts. For the entire first week, I felt anxious knowing I was going to be doing one of the workouts.

I am back on my night shifts for 2 weeks, so I am really nervous for how this is going to play out...hopefully I will be able to function. :(
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    Plyometric cardio circuit is definitely the most evil video of the ones I have done so far