I am back and starting over

Options
We have had such a stressful month that I am now at my highest weight ever. First as many of you know my 93 year mother fell and severely sprained her foot and ankle. Then the very same week my baby brother (he is 48) collapsed. After many tests something has shown up on the frontal lobe of his brain. He now needs an MRI but it looks like he will have to wait until March. In the meantime the doctors have taken his driver's license until they know for sure whether it is something serious or not. Trouble is he is a truck driver with no health benefits so they only have the small income his wife brings in. This is really scary stuff.

But we have had really good news. My daughter and son in law have been totally approved to adopt a sibling group of two. The worker will let her know in January whether they will get two boys, girls, or one of each. Not sure how soon the children will be placed with them but we are so very happy for them.

I have decided that today is the first day of the rest of my life and I am not going to waste it. I have gained an additional 5 lbs so I am up to 203.5. Gosh I hate to admit to that! The unhealthy snacks are gone. I will control my portions and get more steps in. My body is so sore from all this extra weight so today I start to do something about it. Thanks for putting up with me. I promise to do better. I know I need to lose around 80 lbs so I am not putting a time on it. Just plan to keep working towards the goal. Well I had better get moving as the laundry won't wash itself. LOL,
Hope you all have a wonderful day, Joyce

Replies

• bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hi Joyce. Welcome back! I'm sorry for your family difficulties right now and hope everyone recovers well. You have touched on something about when is a good time for us to make these changes we want in ourselves. There is NO good time...just today. Stresses will still come into our lives and we will still be tempted to eat them away.....or, at least, I will ....even knowing it doesn't work. I admire you for not giving up.

Wow, 2 new grandchildren coming. How exciting!

Wanda
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Hi Joyce, I applaud your commitment and determination to make the turn-around. I'm fairly new here, having started in August and joined this wonderful group in September. Congratulations on the news of your soon-to-arrive grandchildren! Beautiful! ~ Kathy
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Welcome back... I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties in your life.
    It's always tempting to EAT our way through, isn't it...

Congratulations on your new grandchildren...and I know they are a great motivation to keep yourself in top shape.

<3
  • hayleyandpaigesgrandma
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your encouragement. For Christmas we gave our granddaughters a trip to Michigan next summer. It sure would be good to be able to walk around without huffing and puffing. Hey, if I get skinny LOL that will mean a new wardrobe. Lots of incentive. I just have to follow through. Plus the new grandchildren will be 3 or under so I will need lots of energy to keep up with them.
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Glad you are back... and if you want/need or care for any additional 'friends'... just let me know - I too am 68.. and need to lose 75 pounds... In any case welcome back!
  • RLF022012
    RLF022012 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your family's difficulties, Joyce. You've got a great attitude and you'll do just fine. My motto is "Keep moving forward" so take each day as it comes because some will be easier than others. But we CAN do this together.
    Rose ;)
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! So sorry to hear of your difficulties.......not easy to stay strong and motivated when things around you are not good..... But if we all waited for the 'right' time we would never get back on track........ Well done for committing!

Jean
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Just remember the winners at weight loss are the ones that keep going back to what works. Life is always going to get in our way, but we have to keep at it.

I personally think of myself as a 300 lb. woman who controls her weight, even though I have never gone to that place, I love food so much if I didn't keep returning to what works, I would be 300 lbs. >:)
  • Lyndal816
    Lyndal816 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am back also. Together, we will do it.
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lyndal816!!

Right on!

Joan
  • RLF022012
    RLF022012 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey Lyndal, Welcome Back!!!! :D
  • keyauwee
    keyauwee Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Glad to see all the other returnees! I'm back after an 18-month (and 21-pound) relapse! This is it! For me, it's about improving my health and getting into shape for the decades to come.
  • SANGSTER63
    SANGSTER63 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I AM BACK ONCE AGAIN . A FEW YEARS BACK I AS DOING REALLY WELL WITH THIS WEIGHT LOST AND EATING THE RIGHT THING TO GET HEALTHY . I DID THE MALL WALK AND GOT OUT ALOT AND MOVE .KNEE'S WERE GOOD.DID NOT HURT THAT MUCH .I KNOW IF I LOST SOME WEIGHT MY KNEE'S WOULD HURT LESS.

I AM GOING ON HOILDAY NEXT MONDAY AND BE GONE FOR TWO WEEKS . WHILE I AM GONE I'LL BE WALKING AND TRYING TO EAT WITH IN MY CAL RANGE AND COME BACK WITH A LOST OF SOME KIND. THEN I;LL BE WATCHING KAI 4 DAYS A WEEK THEN WHEN I DON'T HAVE HIM I AM GOING BACK TO DOING MY MALL WALKING AND JUST GETTING OUT MORE.I DO HAVE A SMALL GOUL AND I WILL GET THERE SOON IF I STICK WITH IT. (*) LINDA [JET]
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Glad to see so many folks returning ... I am just back home in Worcester, Massachusetts after visiting family & friends in Buffalo, New York. I did a good job of staying on track, I believe --- and tomorrow's weigh-in will reveal if I am right about that! It was a wonderful time and I did not "fall off the wagon" once! ~ Kathy