Introductions

Options
caitastic24
caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
WELCOME TO OUR FIRST BIKING CHALLENGE IN THE NEW YEAR!!! GET EXCITED

My name is Caitlin and I have been running these challenges for the past 6 months. I have had a sinus infection for the past month and a half but my antibiotics finally seem to be working. I am ready to get back in the swing of things :-) There has been a real sense of community with the past challenge members and I hope this continues going forward.

Please post fairly regularly (at least once a week to qualify for the prize at the end). The official rules are under Announcements. Utilize the group and share your goals/progress/frustrations/etc. as we go along. I will always get back to you if you have any questions for me :)

Please post a brief introduction below to get us started.

Thanks again for joining in! :-)

Replies

• glenda823
    Options
    I joined your group because I want to feel like I have to do fifty miles on my bike this month.
  • HoustonGirl123
    HoustonGirl123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the group! One of my coworkers was asking me to join the MS 150 race training that starts at the beginning of feb which I thought No Way because I am so heavy and out of shape. I will start in on this and see how it works out! I need to dig my bike out of the garage and get it in shape for riding!
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I joined because I have a goal to go 100 miles this month; running, jogging, or biking! =) And feel like this will help me to get there!
  • forubugs
    forubugs Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I joined because I want too get healthy, and it seems easier to workout if I have to be accountable
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hello, I joined because I love my station bike and I wanted to start off the New Year with a bang!! I am also doing Shred everyday!
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I love these challenges because they keep me motivated! My 1st goal for the new year is to do a 10K, so my main focus will be running, but my training plan has 2 days a week of cross training, which for me, is my bike. Ready to refocus & get moving again!
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Aaron here. Living in the Midwest. Been riding off an on my whole life. I did a few of these challenges but slowly stopped due to illness, injury or lack of motivation. Currently riding road in the spring & summer and race cyclocross in the fall & winter.
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I am a runner and cyclist. I love these challenges as they help keep me motivated to keep up my fitness. Right now my running is somewhat sidelined as my hip is giving me troubles, so hopefully this will help me keep up my cycling miles. :smiley:
  • qweenovme
    qweenovme Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am Tricia and I just did my first 7 miles today!!! This challenge will be good for me. It gives me something to shoot for besides a calorie burn. -30 wind chills outside so I am opting to ride indoors! Thanks Caitlin!!!