Spreadsheet or not?

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
Some people have contacted me about a spreadsheet to have when everyone post their weight and be able to track it easier. My last group had about 1200 people and this one is already at almost 700. Some people weight weekly, some weight monthly and people weigh on different days. Personally if I have the time to sit and go through it all, I would rather be exercising. I do understand it is hard for people to sift through all the pages looking for their post from a week or a month ago. Here is what my plan is. We had the first weigh around Jan. 1st. The next weekly weigh in will be the week of Jan. 8th - the 15th. I will post the topic as Weekly weigh in #2 and continue different post for each week numbering them up to 13 which will be the final one. I will also make topics monthly. You have your starting weight and than we will have Monthly Weigh in #2 on Feb. 1st, #3 on March 1st and the final weigh in will be the April Easter weigh in. My advice is to make a note of your weigh in each time or at least what page you posted on each time to be able to go back, copy and past for the next one. If someone wants to commit the time to make a spreadsheet, shoot me a message and lets talk. But for now, this is the easiest way to keep on track and spend the extra time we all have burning calories.

Replies

• walking_woman
    walking_woman Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That is a great way kayjosh .. We are all accountable to ourselves.

Our stats also show us where we were and where we are currently. Thus the system does it for us.

Thank you for getting this started and creating a group for like minded individuals :)

Exercise your butt off ;) and enjoy your time.

Thanks
  • bahbedwire
    bahbedwire Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan. Thanks for all of your hard work. :)

Cheers,

Bahbedwire
  • 12qw34
    12qw34 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to everyone! Thank you Margaret for creating this challenge. Hopefully we will all meet the goals we have set by Easter!
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me :)
  • roxilegend
    roxilegend Posts: 55 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I made a pretty simple Google Spreadsheet that anyone in the group can use. All you need is to do is follow the link at the end of my post. It'll take you to the document so all you have to do is enter your name and starting weight under the correct sections and do so each week. It saves automatically. I've never made one of these for public use so if it doesn't work - Oops!! Here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AtQ0jKyCWqQbtamBdzxWL-duh4CmQ98Aa26vm07ywwI/edit?usp=sharing
  • Bettyboag
    Bettyboag Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks Roxilegend for the spreadsheet- looks like it would be easy to see results quicker. I though would prefer the ideas suggested by Kayjosh as the spreadsheet doesn't work on an iPad and I always use an iPad.
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Thanks roxilegend !
  • priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    roxilegend wrote: »
    I made a pretty simple Google Spreadsheet that anyone in the group can use. All you need is to do is follow the link at the end of my post. It'll take you to the document so all you have to do is enter your name and starting weight under the correct sections and do so each week. It saves automatically. I've never made one of these for public use so if it doesn't work - Oops!! Here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AtQ0jKyCWqQbtamBdzxWL-duh4CmQ98Aa26vm07ywwI/edit?usp=sharing

Awesome. We should use this!
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    both ideas are great - using both.
  • Arbelina
    Arbelina Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    both versions look fine to me. We can also add a second sheet to the spreadsheet that calculates the weight loss for us ;)
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Arbelina wrote: »
    both versions look fine to me. We can also add a second sheet to the spreadsheet that calculates the weight loss for us ;)

I can do that on this one. I've created a sheet to calculate miles for another group.

(I hope you don't mind but I just did a quick tweak to prevent the title row from scrolling as we get more members, and so that the 'dates' scroll and don't cover the names)
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    lexbubbles wrote: »

I can do that on this one. I've created a sheet to calculate miles for another group.

(I hope you don't mind but I just did a quick tweak to prevent the title row from scrolling as we get more members, and so that the 'dates' scroll and don't cover the names)

Done. I'll have to update the 'total loss' formula each week, unless I put in 'weekly loss' columns (otherwise it'll just show up as YOU HAVE LOST YOUR ENTIRE BODYWEIGHT until there's data for every week), but it'll do. Will also calculate the % of your starting weight you lost.

Edit: nah, that was annoying me. Auto-calculating* weekly loss columns added.

*Don't edit, pls. Sensitive code.
  • LeelooX2014
    LeelooX2014 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Could we put the link to the spreadsheet in the top section of the group? Would make it easy to get to. Thanks!
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing the spreadsheet for those who want that. For those who don't I will be still making the topics each week and month. You can use either or both. Remember this challenge is about you, what works for you and what you want out of it. It is called a challenge because in the end you are really only challenging yourself! That really is the hardest challenge of all
  • frazz007
    frazz007 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Awesome spreadsheet. Thank you roxilegend and lexbubbles. Nice to see our progress.
  • aconiam77
    aconiam77 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for creating this, I just added my name :)
  • Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    Options

THANKS! Just entered my data. =)
  • calmandpeaceful
    calmandpeaceful Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just entered my data.
  • KPenguin73
    KPenguin73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Great! I put mine in... Thank you!
  • roxilegend
    roxilegend Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Done. I'll have to update the 'total loss' formula each week, unless I put in 'weekly loss' columns (otherwise it'll just show up as YOU HAVE LOST YOUR ENTIRE BODYWEIGHT until there's data for every week), but it'll do. Will also calculate the % of your starting weight you lost.

Edit: nah, that was annoying me. Auto-calculating* weekly loss columns added.

*Don't edit, pls. Sensitive code.

Wow, thanks for making my simple spreadsheet totally awesome! I'm not too good with excel coding.

I'm glad that you guys are enjoying it! I think it will be good to easily track our progress and that of our peers.