What are your current workout routines?

Options
I've been doing T25 and trying to get back into running, but I was just wondering what you all do?

Replies

• cloudsnapper
    cloudsnapper Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Before the holidays I was walking about 2 miles a day. My street is very hilly, so it's a good work out. I started couch 2 5k, but only a month was way too soon after having a baby I think, because my knees hurt each time. I'm going to try again in like February. But I'll start walking again when we have a day that isn't so drizzly.
  • tamrminty
    tamrminty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30 minutes on the treadmill to get my body moving again, but I am also going to be doing strength training for my arms/shoulders because they're weak. And I had a zipperless dress stuck on me last month because I couldn't pull it off (it was pretty tight, and stuck on my boobs...my husband was ecstatic, but that was stupid).
  • imaginaryannie
    imaginaryannie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started Couch to 5k on Friday, and I finished day 2 today. I signed up for a 5k that's in March, and I've never been able to run one, so I am excited for that. Plus, I get to leave bug at home with hubs for 30 minutes and go out for a quiet run with no bothers. It's totally a motivator. :)
  • juhesihcaaa
    juhesihcaaa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I ride my exercise bike a few times a week but I'm trying to make that an everyday thing.

Also, once my husband gets my Wii hooked back up, I can play games on it (like Just Dance).
  • tommys_mommy
    Options
    I've been doing zumba twice a week for about a month and a half. I started couch 2 5k today. I'm feeling good about how much I'm moving. Now to get how much I'm eating under control...
  • heathersh22
    heathersh22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I try to lift 3 x a week. I was doing great all last year but then I got whomped by dissertation research and another pregnancy. I met with a trainer a couple of times to make sure the lifts are safe for pregnancy, and I am good to go back to the routine. I lifted 2x a week for last couple of weeks.
    I started w/ StrongLifts and it was awesome, I lost all the old baby weight in like 5 months, but now I just kinda add stuff to it, do whatever - I mostly use machines now.
  • one_great_smile
    one_great_smile Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love workout dvds. I try to do at least 20 minutes every day, though I average about 45 minutes, and make sure to take at least one rest day a week. My favorite brands are the FIRM (I own about 40), Jillian Michaels and Leslie Sansone. I also have an elliptical but due to ankle injury, I can't use it yet.
  • schaele
    schaele Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Before I got injured, my schedule had yoga, running or walking on the treadmill, random Popsugar Fitness workouts, 30 Day Shred, or Blogilates stuff. In December I had just started lifting a bit more seriously than waving around 5lb dumbbells. I was also taking walks around the neighborhood with my kid in addition to that. My leg has healed to where I'm just now able to start doing a mile (walking) or two per day again. Wrist is still healing up so everything else is out.
  • Obsidianstone
    Obsidianstone Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm starting back out slow with some Hatha yoga. I'm just starting to fully realize how stiff my muscles have become, so stretching is good. Once I'm back into bendy shape I'll most likely do bikram 4 times a week like I used to and find a hot yoga place around me. Also when its not witch tit freezing I'll get back into my daily walk. :)
  • PurrlyGirl
    PurrlyGirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was walking 3x a week and LOVED it but I've had chronic sinus infections for the last 3 months and it makes it hard to breathe right. :( Hopefully I'll get this cleared up eventually.
  • RainSerana
    RainSerana Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't have a routine, that's my problem. For about 5 weeks, I did get to walk a mile 3x/wk or so, but then we all got sick and I didn't go out to the trail with the toddler. I also have 0 idea how to use this site, WAT DO
  • callmeampersand
    callmeampersand Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do some lifting 2-3 times a week and then cardio 2-3 times a week. Cardio typically consists of the elliptical, jogging on the treadmill, and a spinning class. I also have this love/hate affair w/the Jacobs Ladder, if you don't know about it...google it...its cray. I was taking a hot yoga class but I switched gyms and I'm nervous to try out my new gyms class. During the non-freeze your *kitten* off seasons I will also go hiking/trail running.
  • gailgerard75
    gailgerard75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly active at work (mostly because I"m on my feet all day) and I've started doing yoga, which is kicking my *kitten* right now but I figure it'll be worth it.
  • RainSerana
    RainSerana Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Earlier this week I sort of snapped and demanded gym time for myself. Now I get to leave husband to do the toddler's bath and bedtime and go read on the treadmill and cycle. I work out longer because it's the only time I get to read.