New Member- Hello!

Options
Hello All!!

I am new to MFP (@6'4" & almost 300 lbs) and already loving the encouragement and motivation. I'm looking forward to meeting people on a similar journey. Learning more about healthier eating, fitness tips and sharing a kind word!

I'm on the way back to 225, mind & body, so please feel free to add me or encourage me or share your story!

Replies

• treye2
    Options
    I am also new as of today. I am 5'5" and 231 lbs, on my way to 140 lbs. I have just been making major changes in my life towards clean eating. I have also been doing a lot of research on eating raw, so I might incorporate one or two meals a day that are raw. I look forward to the encouragement and information I can get and give on this board.:smile:
  • BusyB223
    BusyB223 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group...
  • yogaveg
    yogaveg Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! Well actually I'm back again. Eating more or less healthy and transitioning from vegetarianism to veganism
  • Jerilang
    Jerilang Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been posting away and forgot to introduce myself. I'm on the journey to lose the weight I have gained since moving to Southern Oregon. I'm a caretaker on a 345 acre farm, and it is remote, and I began eating emotionally. It has taken prayer for me to get back to clean eating. 11 months of out of control eating, and I am happy to say that 7 days ago I got on the road back to healthy eating. And it's pretty sad when you have a closet full of size 4 clothes, and all you can wear are large pants!!! I manage 8 horses, 40 chickens, 2 dogs, 3 cats and 7 Zebra finches, along with my Ridgeback "Rocky" and my Eclectus parrot "Ruby" (who turns 20 in 2015) I'm really happy to be here !
  • MrsOlson1006
    MrsOlson1006 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am looking to start eating healthier and could always use ideas to keep it fun and exciting. Friend me and we can push each other.
  • Jerilang
    Jerilang Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a question. This morning I decided to use 2 teas of maple syrup in my coffee, but when I enter it, no sugar amount appears. How is that possible?
  • IslandLifenFitness
    IslandLifenFitness Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am a new member. Hello !!
  • rendress269
    rendress269 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow clean eaters! New to mfp, as I'm on a mission to drop some weight. Been actively adding clean foods to my diet for about 3 years, just being bad with portion control. I'm also a huge supporter of local farmer's market and buy locally sourced foods as much as possible. Look forward to eating healthy today so I can enjoy a healthier tomorrow :D
  • Moniquecox
    Options
    Well I'm back on MFP from a year ago, I'm on a mission to lose about 25 pounds. Today, my mission starts and I know MFP will help me stay accountable. I joined clean eating because I am ready to start to eat cleaner.
    I hope to learn a lot on here! ;)
  • jennquinteros
    jennquinteros Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jenn and I live in the San Francisco East Bay. My highest post baby weight was 169 and I am down to 154. I am hoping to get down to 120 but exercising everyday for 30+ minutes (probably a moderate hike or brisk walk) and eating healthy, low calorie meals. I also hope to tone up some softer areas with low weights when my body is ready - I am recovering from a traumatic back injury last July.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. =)
  • audreymacie
    audreymacie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a new member as well! I am currently using a weight loss program that is working very well (down 53 pounds since August!) and they promote clean eating. I am doing well but could use some new and fresh ideas so I don't get bored with things!
  • MrsOlson1006
    MrsOlson1006 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am a new member as well! I am currently using a weight loss program that is working very well (down 53 pounds since August!) and they promote clean eating. I am doing well but could use some new and fresh ideas so I don't get bored with things!

Great job on your loss thus far! What weight loss program are you using?