PreOpDiet

Options
Started my preop diet today it's tough I need a protein shake that I enjoy just a little. Any suggestions.

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar has a bunch of fruity flavors. Isopure has the clear fruit flavored drinks (available at GNC). What don't you like about the ones you have tried? Syntrax will sell you a smaple pack that has one of 15 of their flavors.

If you started your pre-op liquid diet today, though, you may not have time to get things shipped.

• jcfelbi
    jcfelbi Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I still like the bariatric advantage (vanilla; with frozen strawberries makes it more "milk shakey") and the Premier Protein in the convenient little "milk box" containers (chocolate.) The P.P. ones are available at Costco.... : )
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I liked the Pure Protein Whey Powder-chocolate flavor and this in vanilla although the 2nd 1 was more mild in flavor (mix it w/ almond milk and it adds flavor!).
    A couple weeks post-op, bananas were my 1st fruit option...later I was able to have soft canned peaches, so that's why I went w/ the banana for a little extra flavor in the vanilla 1.
    I always added PB2 to both (for flavor and an extra protein punch)!
    I found these at the local stores....less expensive that way and it came in big containers, which made them last awhile :smiley:
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I would not buy too many of any type because after surgery your tastes change (at least for a while). I found things were too sweet tasting but have since settled on Unjury unflavored in Crystal Light and Isopure ready to go drinks.
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I like Unjury and Syntrax Nectar (which has fruit flavors). Best of luck. The pre-op diet is the hardest part of the whole process, IMO. Luckily, it's over fast.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Netrition.com will let you buy a "protein sampler" pack that will have bars and powders and all. You may find that is enough to get you through til surgery, and maybe find one you like in the process (sometimes I just keep buying sample packs or getting them free with other orders or by calling the company, and I just live off those!)
  • Vauxin
    Vauxin Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have never really cared for any fruit flavored proteins, or cheaper protein powder in fact. If it is any of the Walmart stuff it does not taste well at all, It is different for everyone but some good ones I have had include Optimum Nutrition, MTS, Syntrax Nectar, and Matrix, GNC amp 100%, and Cellucor.
  • jrnguyen
    jrnguyen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of unjury; it doesn't dissolve enough no matter what I do to it. My go to's 3 1/2 months out are still premier protein and isopure juice. During my preop phase, though, I was required to drink bariatric advantage only, 3-4 times a day. It was like having nothing but dessert for a week.
  • CatKaren
    CatKaren Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I bought, at, The Vitamin Shoppe, Designer Whey. Vanilla Almond. I added to it frozen pineapple, and a slash of Toblerone almond sugar free syurp. Also used Silk almong milk. It tastes like a Pinya Colada.

Ask your surgeon if he has samples. Ask if your insurance plan has wls support groups. They usually have samples.

I don't like chocolate, but the Whey Isolet from Wal Mart was good.
  • aliciawlowe
    Options
    jcfelbi wrote: »
    I still like the bariatric advantage (vanilla; with frozen strawberries makes it more "milk shakey") and the Premier Protein in the convenient little "milk box" containers (chocolate.) The P.P. ones are available at Costco.... : )

• aliciawlowe
    Options
    Thank you everyone I will definitely look for the sample packs so I can try a variety. Y'all really helped me out !