A new Year...A new you Week 1 challenge POSTIVE THINKING

Options
mamarundrc
mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
As we all know, a lot of this journey is mental. It is learning to love ourselves and believe that we can live a better, healthier, more active life. This week I would like to focus on Attitude. Your attitude can make or break your progress. So I challenge YOU to speak positive of yourself. Complete these questions, add your own positive thoughts. This is a place for anything POSITIVE you would like to remember. I would like to fill this thread with positivity so when we start to struggle we can use it to find that positive energy again. We can keep this going throughout the duration of the challenge.

What is your favorite thing about your appearance?
What is you greatest strength?
What is your proudest moment from 2014?
What are you looking forward to the most in 2015?
Who is your biggest cheerleader/supporter on this journey?
What is your most recent Non-scale victory?
What is your favorite thing about being in your 30's?
What is your favorite motivation/inspirational quote?

Replies

• mamarundrc
    Options

- My legs. They are become quite shapely, muscular and atheletic. They are starting to remind me of my days when I was competing in gymnastics.

What is your greatest strength?
    -My sense of self. I know who I am, who I want to be, and I do not let ANYONE change how I think about myself.

-Completing the Mount Snow Tough Mudder. It was one of the hardest things I ever attempted and I pushed through the mental self doubt and even completed obstacles that were definitively on my HELL's NO list.

-Stepping up my training and trully finding the athlete I know is itching to get out.

- My husband. He may be a big pain in the but sometimes but he lets me dictate what we eat, runs races with me, watches the kids so I can train and is on the sidelines cheering me on when he doesn't run with me.

- Sub 28 minute 5K in December

-Not being looked at as a "kid" but not quite being "old"

-“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite thing about your appearance? The definition in my arms.
    What is your greatest strength? My determination
    What is your proudest moment from 2014? Running a 10K
    What are you looking forward to the most in 2015? Running Robie Creek half-marathon
    Who is your biggest cheerleader/supporter on this journey? My sister and husband
    What is your most recent Non-scale victory? Being able to run faster and longer.
    What is your favorite thing about being in your 30's? That I'm finally getting healthy.
    What is your favorite motivation/inspirational quote? Stronger, Faster, Better
  • snoweduponberries
    snoweduponberries Posts: 24 Member
    Options

What is your favorite thing about your appearance? My contagious smile!

What is you greatest strength? When I find it or utilize it, my willpower/determination/focus.

What is your proudest moment from 2014? Becoming a mom - I was so worried about how my life would change, never dreaming just how head-over-heels in love I would fall.

What are you looking forward to the most in 2015? MORE weightloss, getting a Jawbone UP3 when they come out!

Who is your biggest cheerleader/supporter on this journey? My husband, but really...me.

What is your most recent Non-scale victory? Sticking with breastfeeding, even when I had to bite my lip till it bled. "This, too, shall pass" - and it did. Those first four months were painful, but the bond in nursing is amazing.

What is your favorite thing about being in your 30's? I don't care as much about the opinion of others; every day I'm more comfortable in my own skin, confident in my thoughts and beliefs.

What is your favorite motivation/inspirational quote? Weightloss is like brushing your teeth. If you happen to miss a few brushings, you don't beat yourself up about it, throw in the towel and quit. You just pick up that brush, and brush!

• ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Great challenge, i must admit answering wasn't that easy. But here it goes:

What is your favorite thing about your appearance? that i still have a little hourglass thing figure
    What is your proudest moment from 2014? when i weight under 70 kg (154 pounds i think)
    What are you looking forward to the most in 2015? Getting back on track and weighingbunder 70 kgs again (and less stress at work)
    Who is your biggest cheerleader/supporter on this journey? My boyfriend
    What is your most recent Non-scale victory? Ending a big project at work before the deadline and thus ensuring care for people in 2015
    What is your favorite thing about being in your 30's? Being more sure about my lifechoices and not feeling the ongoing need to keep definding them, just because it's not mai stream
    What is your favorite motivation/inspirational quote? not that positive at first but:what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    ooooh great challenge... this won't be easy but here goes:

*My eyes, they're very dark, almost black
    *My Determination: when I put my mind to something I get very determined
    *Running a 5K without any training
    *Feeling healthy & fit enough to do what ever I like (inc. the Color Run)
    *Me in all honesty, although my boyfriend & mum are very supportive
    *Fitting comfortably into a pair of UK 12 trousers :smile:
    *Feeling more comfortable & confident being me
    * "The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet." - from JRIV60 profile :smiley:
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    This is great! It is awesome to see so many great things from a group of amazing people. I had a great little NSV today. I was looking in the mirror (naked) after my workout and I notice that there is a little definition in my abs. It isn't much but it no longer just looks like a giant spare tire, there are little lines on the sides separating the middle from the the sides.
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I have a few but I guess my favorite would be my face.

What is your greatest strength?
    My attitude towards life.

Rebuilding a broken relationship.

What are you looking forward to the most in 2015!
    EVERYTHING! 2013-2014 has been crazy train. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Myself

I had professional pictures done in November and thought I looked amazing.

My sense of self. I know who and what I am. I have fans, fair weather friends and haters. I am comfortable having them all in my life.

Decisions determine destiny. (I actually have this quote tattooed on my body)
  • CMenendez
    CMenendez Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite thing about your appearance? My lips
    What is you greatest strength? my faith
    What is your proudest moment from 2014? the birth of my 2nd daughter
    What are you looking forward to the most in 2015? taking care of myself
    Who is your biggest cheerleader/supporter on this journey? me
    What is your favorite thing about being in your 30's? becoming more self confident no matter my size
  • cygrad03
    cygrad03 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite thing about your appearance? I have arm muscles now!

What is you greatest strength? My strive to succeed.

What is your proudest moment from 2014? I finished 2014 with 4 months of getting up at 5am and working out 5 days a week

What are you looking forward to the most in 2015? More results!

Who is your biggest cheerleader/supporter on this journey? The community here.

What is your most recent Non-scale victory? I ran for 4 miles

What is your favorite thing about being in your 30's? Not being in my 40's...... :) I love that I am a lot more sure of myself. I don't rely on other people's opinions as much.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great." - Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own
  • oualum26
    oualum26 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite thing about your appearance? My hair. I realize that has nothing to do with my body, but I have damn good hair haha.
    What is you greatest strength? My work ethic.
    What is your proudest moment from 2014? I got a new job that sent me 14 hours away from home and now I'm starting a new chapter to my life.
    What are you looking forward to the most in 2015? Seeing where my new road takes me.
    Who is your biggest cheerleader/supporter on this journey? My best friend Allison. She lets me cry when I need to and kicks my *kitten* the next second.
    What is your most recent Non-scale victory? I was accepted to a fellowship through a professional organization. Health wise it would be the fact that I'm back at the gym after taking many months off.
    What is your favorite thing about being in your 30's? It's acceptable to drink a lot of wine and binge watch Netflix.
    What is your favorite motivation/inspirational quote? "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." --John Bingham
  • HatherM
    Options
    I love this thread, it's really good to read everyone being so positive about themselves, it's inspiring & very motivating :smile:
  • roni0906
    roni0906 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    mamarundrc wrote: »
    As we all know, a lot of this journey is mental. It is learning to love ourselves and believe that we can live a better, healthier, more active life. This week I would like to focus on Attitude. Your attitude can make or break your progress. So I challenge YOU to speak positive of yourself. Complete these questions, add your own positive thoughts. This is a place for anything POSITIVE you would like to remember. I would like to fill this thread with positivity so when we start to struggle we can use it to find that positive energy again. We can keep this going throughout the duration of the challenge.

Favorite Appearance: my nose (I know that I can't really change it but I am good with that because I think I have a perfect nose-for me).
    Greatest Strength: I am a hard worker and always willing to help out others and/or share my knowledge.
    Proudest Moment of 2014: Buying a home.
    Looking Forward to in 2015: Meeting my initial goal weight of 160 lbs and hopefully working to drop a bit more, but one goal at a time (38 lbs weight loss initially and at least keeping it off).
    Biggest Supporter: myself with some sideline support from my husband.
    Non-scale victory: Getting back into the gym
    Favorite thing about my 30's: I feel like my life has finally been able to grow some roots. My husband is active duty and we have decided that after this tour, he will retire so we have picked a home and have decided that we will make this long term. I have been able to really focus on my career and have settled down on a path that I know I can keep.
    Favorite Motivation/Inspirational Quote: "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!" I have said this to myself a couple of times over the past 2 weeks during some of my workout sessions.

• Cathy7997
    Options

--I would say i love my eyes. They are green...one of a kind in my family.

--I believe it's my caring side to help others. I have a huge heart to be there for others.

--That's tough...I have three moments to choose from; I married my best friend in Jan, went on a first family vacation with my husband n kids in May, and then my youngest was born in July. I can't pick one moment.

--To be a healthier, in shape, pretty for me, and have more energy. To being able to be a better person for my husband, my kids, and mainly for myself.

--My husband

--I am at a yr this month without a cigarette. Plus no pop since new yrs eve.

--Feeling more in control of my life. Having the strength to let go of things that i do not need to surround myself with. Having the voice to speak up for what i do want in my life.

--Again i have a few.... The golden rule... "treat others as u want to be treated".....
    "Live each day to the fullest"....."One day at a time, just close ur eyes and take a deep breath...have hope n faith...now open ur eyes and smile"...."Roar Load n Proud"
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies - I'm new - thought this would be a great way for me to jump in

What is your favorite thing about your appearance? My general shape - still mostly hourglass
    What is you greatest strength? my tenacity.
    What is your proudest moment from 2014? pushing through a very challenging and abusive situation
    What are you looking forward to the most in 2015? moving forward to do things to show myself some self-love
    Who is your biggest cheerleader/supporter on this journey? my husband - he doesn't care how i look - he loves me no matter what, but hes very supportive with my diet and exercise
    What is your most recent Non-scale victory? on my plan i'm supposed to work out 6 days a week - yesterday i just finished my first week of 6 days!
    What is your favorite thing about being in your 30's? finding my stride - creating the life i want
    What is your favorite motivation/inspirational quote? - Leap and the net will Appear - it's my personal mantra - a quote from the naturalist John Burroughs
  • HatherM
    Options
    Ohhh I had forgotten about this thread & then this evening whilst feeling a little blue I remembered about it & had a read & now I feel inspired again :smiley: such a great post thanks @mamarundrc‌ for this fab idea <3
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I am glad it helped! Staying positive is definitely tough sometimes!
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Well...right now I am going to go with my beard...but as I keep working out I hope to change this beard answer to chest and or arms:)

Being compassionate!

I made the decision to give up bad food and not working out on Dec 28....

Eating healthy....interacting with awesome people on this site and continuing to grow my library of at home workouts...and actually complete them all!!!

Ummm friends and family for sure!

PULL UPS!!!!!

hmmm I have heard they are suppose to be some of the best years in your life....also I like being able to know current music but also stay in touch with the oldies...you know the 80's :/

Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever
  • mamarundrc
    Options

PULL UPS!!!!!

Jealous! This is a goal for me. It would definitely help me in my OCR races (monkey bars, over head walls, rope climb) to be able to do a few. I can muscle out a few with about 60% of my body weight. I think it will be better when I get a little more grip strength. My hands give out way too quick.
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    mamarundrc wrote: »

PULL UPS!!!!!

Jealous! This is a goal for me. It would definitely help me in my OCR races (monkey bars, over head walls, rope climb) to be able to do a few. I can muscle out a few with about 60% of my body weight. I think it will be better when I get a little more grip strength. My hands give out way too quick.

I should clarify that I can't do like....10 haha but if I can squeek out 7 or 8 without biting my lip off or the door frame breaking then I am pretty happy ;)
  • thekatielong
    Options

My eyes

I am a thinker, I always try to approach a task from different directions

visiting caves in texas

visiting caves, hiking, loosing weight!

my husband and my dog, my husband is my best friend and cheers me on any adventure I go on. My dog is my best friend always willing to go anywhere with me.

my biggest victory is taking the first step into changing my life, hopefully meeting some good people and making friends

Wisdom

If you don't make it, it's your own damn vault -remake Land of the Lost