Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, January 5th - 11th

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
Good day folks! Hope you all had a fabulous holiday, but now it is time to get back to reality!

I would like to encourage the new posters to come back through the week and post several times!

Last week I set four goals and made two of them! Not bad....this week I have five, and am going to push myself to hit all five....how long to they say you have to do something before it becomes a habit??

Goals for this week:

1. Follow a proper morning hydration routine
2. Post on this thread every day
3. Post two blogs
4. Log my food every day this week
5. Get to the YMCA twice

How about the rest of you? What are your goals?

Weekly Mini Challenge

Take a photo of yourself as a check point of the beginning of this year. You do NOT have to post it here, but just take it and keep it to look back on at the end of the year. Just let us know once you have done it......

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    Um I can't edit even though I JUST posted....anyway, just wanted to add, full body photo....
  • matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Last week was rough for me. I hit a couple goals, but they were the (in my mind) less critical ones :(. But today is a new day, and hope springs eternal.
    Goals for this week:
    1.Log food for 7 Days
    2.Run 3 X
    3. workout other (bodyweight/heavy bag) 3 x
    4. Plan/Prep meals for next week

Have a trip planned for this weekend so I may have to post for the weekend on Monday, but I'll still count it.
    I'll take the picture today, that's a good thing.. I think.

• Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    my goals are

1.log all my food this week
    2.try two new gym classes ( I won't know if I like them if I don't go)
    3.post in here every day because they really helps to keep me on track
    4.make all my food for the week and not go out to eat.

I also like the photo idea. i'm going to do that. thanks.
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Goals this week:
    1. Walk to and from work everyday.
    2. Workout before work twice.
    3. Walk during all of my breaks at work

I've been slacking with my break walks, so I'm getting back to it. My boss also just approved my new work schedule. This means I have plenty of time to workout before getting ready for work. I'm going to start marathon training early, so I can get into the swing of things.
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Jumped back into MFP on New Years Day and I love reading about what you guys are doing to stay on track. This week I WILL:
    Log every bite
    Actually drink water, not just coffee!
    Go out walking 3 days
    Take that dreaded full body picture. ;) I know that I will want to see how far I've come. Thanks for the reminder.
  • teacherchana
    teacherchana Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My goals this week:
    -Gym at least 3 days a week for a 20 min cardio and strength training
    -Walk the dogs in the morning or evening. (I've been a bad mommy.)
    -Track my food intake daily
    -Seek inspirational guidance prior to emotional eating.
    -I've got a full body front/back photo.
  • TriksyJ
    TriksyJ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new here, this seemed like as good a place to start as any.
    So my goals this week are:
    -Log my food every day
    -No soda
    -No binging
    -Blog daily
    -Take my meds
    -Drink 8+ glasses of water a day
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    hey guys how was your day? mine was a great one because I did 220 mins of exercise which included my zumba and body pump class. as well as hitting 20k in steps on my fitbit. I'm about to have a great dinner that I made in the crockpot and track all my food. later I'll take the photo that I don't really want to take haha
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    hey guys how was your day? mine was a great one because I did 220 mins of exercise which included my zumba and body pump class. as well as hitting 20k in steps on my fitbit. I'm about to have a great dinner that I made in the crockpot and track all my food. later I'll take the photo that I don't really want to take haha
    You are my hero!! That is impressive. Good job!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    missmgray wrote: »
    You are my hero!! That is impressive. Good job!

thank you, I'm really trying to get into what I did months ago. I was doing amazing and at one point was down to 67lbs lost, I gained some back and I am to damn close to 300 to give up.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Such positive energy this week! Welcome new posters!

Goals: daily logging, 7,500 steps a day, in bed by 9:00 on school nights, and Curves twice.

Photo taken. Never thought to get one of the back but I did that too; thanks for the idea!

3 minutes til lights out. "Night JohnBoy"
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    WOW so many new posters! Welcome everyone!! I have had a super long day, in fact, it is already more than an hour past my bedtime and I am just getting home...so, I will catch up more tomorrow but just wanted to throw a welcome out there, excited to see you all!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    good morning all, well today was one of the new classes to try out but it got canceled because we got hit with a lot of snow :( it's ok because one of my zumba teachers posted she is subbing for another teacher on thursday and is going to try something new. so what the hey I should still be able to get my 2 new classes in. as for today I made my smoothie just juice,frozen berries and yogurt. and I might head to my little gym I have in my complex and I do mean little gym haha and walk on the treadmill and get some blood pumping.

@Jltheis I love curves but they closed our by my house, and you can get your steps in, keep it up

@unknown it's been to log for me being out of the group I had to come back. I'm glad your still around.

lets make today a great day
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm new to the group but not new to MFP.

My goal is to stick with my menu plan for the week. It doesn't sound like much, but it's actually a pretty lofty goal, so that's all I'm going to list.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Alright, last night did not go so well....I had a meeting after work which is why I got home so late...I was bombarded with phone calls about the meeting before it started, and then it ran way late. By the time I got home, I was overwhelmed, over tired and I wanted to eat all the sugar in the world. And, after midnight, I did. I usually try to go to bed by 10pm, I didn't get to bed until well after 2am. I was already tired from the night before. I have eight million errands to run today, so many in fact, that I have already tabled some to Thursday, and my cold continues to feel like it is getting worse instead of better. I was so tired this morning, that after my son got off to school, I tried to lay back down and rest for a bit before going out, but just as I was dozing off, my phone started going off with another emergency to due with the meeting last night. I am so sick and so tired and drained I do not feel like doing anything, but I must. I think I am going to take the gym goal down this week, mostly because I get out of breath every time I move because of my cold, and then cough up a bunch of crap that does not look like it should be coming from there, lol. I thought yesterday I was feeling a bit better, but I guess not, without proper sleep I do not think I am getting anywhere.

So, I am sorry for the downer rant. I must go get ready to go out and run around the city like I am not sick....I will be back tonight with another post!
  • matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You can do it sister! just keep your head down and plough right on through.
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    unknown rant all you want, It helps. and you do what you need to do to get better.

as for today I went on the treadmill for an hour doing some fat burning mode it would change every 3 mins so at any time it would be 2.5-3.5 and an incline to 3 so each one changed on me. I also have zumba tonight

I have food in the crockpot and I needed a snack because dinner won't be till after the gym tonight so I had some sugar free jello cups(2) 5 cals each which is good and some cool whip ( i could eat cool whip just by it self lol ) but still in check for everything. today I feel lazy, it took me a while to get going to the gym to go on the treadmill, and I know I have to force my self tonight to zumba ( I love zumba) I just hate going out in the cold, it makes me want to skip the gym and I know this isn't helping me in away.
  • Numb5kull
    Numb5kull Posts: 249 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hey all, new here as well.

Goals this week...keeping it simple...back on track after holiday damage control.
    • Log all food every day (starting yesterday, been reallllly bad about logging lately)
    • Excercise 6 days (60 min session)
    • No Splurging, no 'unapproved' snacking
    • Saturday Morning Hike
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Getting back at it after a far too long hiatus.

This week's goals, started as of yesterday.
    • Log all food every day, regardless
    • Increase number of vegetables in diet
    • More water, less soda and black coffee instead of cream and sugared
    • Post here daily
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Being back to work might be stressful but it helps me get my steps in...8000+ today just at work. Two hour late start tomorrow so staying up just a little later to get some paperwork done. The below zero windmills are keeping me from the gym too Skittles!

Unknown_sister, keep a smile in your heart cause this too shall pass as my Grandma used to say. How are you doing with your morning hydration?