Hi ladies

Options
Im really pleased to have found this group. Ive got 16lbs to loose to be at a weight a like. I think ive become really lazy as im JUST in my healthy bmi, but i no where near have the body I want :\ My biggest problems are that im lazy, love food and wine. Any hints or tips to keep me motivated, and whats worked for you. Id really appreciate any help you can give me :D I have a holiday booked for next year, and would really love to go wearing the clothes I want to and feeling fit and fabulous.

Replies

• rhonellewaldron
    rhonellewaldron Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I recently did a 17-day program to speed up my metabolism. I lost 1.8% body fat and 8.8 lbs. I have 7 lbs more to lose to reach an initial goal weight of 140lbs. Keeping a food diary has been the best thing I ever started. It is reviewed by my trainer once a week otherwise I have to do 20 burpees. So I keep myself accountable.
  • MrsSchimmy
    MrsSchimmy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi!!
    I agree with keeping a food diary and being HONEST with it. You won't help yourself if you cheat and don't log everything.
    I also follow intermittent fasting. Single best choice I've made. I became a binge eater about a year and a half after losing all the weight (plus some) after my 3rd baby. I only gained about 15 lbs but have since been able to lose and sustain a healthy weight for quite a few months now.
  • amphilion
    amphilion Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Keeping a food diary also works for me. I have eliminated all alcohol, bread white rice, white pasta from my diet. And it works. Always having a water bottle next to me also. Working out atleast 4 times a week to keep that weight off.

Good luck
  • jnd7242
    jnd7242 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You have to find that motivation in yourself to JUST DO IT. I did 7 months ago and have lost 37 pounds. I was lazy (maybe not so much lazy, but felt very busy) and LOVED food too--in particular, late-night snacks in bed, with the tv on. But you just have to decide that it's time to change. Only you can do that.
    My biggest suggestion is to track every calorie that goes in your mouth. I cannot tell you how many times I've talked someone into using MFP, and they've been shocked to find out how many calories they actually consume. And of course it's not all about calories, but focus on your protein, carbs, and fat ratios. I try to get 35-40% of my calories from protein (typically protein shakes, lean dairy--cheese is not always bad for you!, and ground turkey). It may seem tedious, but think of it as checking your email, or facebook, or whatever it is you check every day (you know you do!). I check email and facebook both throughout the day, and my bank account once in the morning. It's just what I do; and now I add MFP to that list. Just make it a daily routine.
    You don't have to entirely cut out wine, but type in a glass of wine in MFP. And to be honest, see what a bottle is. My roomie and I shared two bottles of wine one night (read: I drank ONE BOTTLE), and that's about 1,000 calories apiece!! Considering I aim for about 1,200 cals in a day, that's CRAZY.
  • May338
    May338 Posts: 4
    Options
    Keeping a food diary was one of the things that really helped me lose weight. Writing down everything I eat makes me aware of how much calories I consume. I also keep a log on how much exercise I do everyday.
    I've lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks by working every morning and at night, usually biking on my stationary bike and dancing.
  • FitWithVic
    FitWithVic Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    How many weeks till your holiday? More than 16 weeks? If so aim to lose a pound a week to break your goal into smaller chunks, gives you some flexibility if you don't lose on a couple of weeks. Don't give up, have a crazy weekend? Forget about it and start again, it's done you can't change the past but you can change your future.