**TMI** Filmy pee!

Options
ogmomma2012
ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
This means it's working right? I haven't bought ketostix or anything yet but I heard that it will look like you're literally peeing fatty waste. T/F?

Replies

• 123_lac
    123_lac Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    False
  • ogmomma2012
    Options
    Hmmm diappointing. Thanks though.
  • ogmomma2012
    Options
    123_lac wrote: »
    False

So how come when I google Keto + filmy urine, there's a whole bunch of sites that say that it happens when you start to excrete ketones?
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Filmy pee is up to interpretation. If you are looking for visual confirmation, I suggest you get some stixs. I use them, though many advocate that they are not reliable, as I like to see a confirmation and I think for newbies they hit that mark.

Best guide is how you are feeling and accurate tracking of food.

Good luck.
  • scaraway138
    Options
    And your pee will smell different too. But if you can get the sticks that is your best bet to know for sure.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    The best confirmation is a glucose meter that also tests for ketones in the blood.
  • jgreen0524
    Options
    My pee is always oily when I am in ketosis, and not when I am not.
  • tq33702
    tq33702 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    "...Changes in urine

Ketosis not only changes your breath but your urine, too; it will start developing a filmy consistency and smell like its been distilled from dinosaur sweat.
    The potent smell change will be the most obvious..."
    fr:
    reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq
  • 123_lac
    123_lac Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have been eating a ketogenic diet for awhile now. I have never had filmy pee. Actually, my urine is quite clear with no odor at all. I don't think everyone experiences the same effects.