Aprilfoolbride
Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
FAWESOME-IPL-300x300.jpg

Replies

• valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Love the thread starter! I've finally reached a point where I am not so concerned about my weight, I just want to be healthy! It feels good to release that a bit, since I really don't have a lot of control over my weight...but I do have control over other things.

April - glad to see you had a good day yesterday! I agree with Laura that we can't be focused 24/7! But I'm just trying to slowly develop better habits so that eventually when I'm not focused...I'll still make good choices! :)

Laura - I did get in a walk! I was pretty tired when I got home...and it was a very slow walk with a toddler to the school and back. Not even a full mile. But my goal is to do that once a day for the next week or so and then add a second small walk.

Recovery is still frustratingly slow, but having read up more in various forums about it I've discovered that typically the recovery takes 6 months to a year. The 8 week Mark they talk about at the doctor is just when the stitches are gone. So it took a little pressure off me, realizing I shouldn't be almost better by now. I did a lot yesterday...went shopping and walked the kids from school and cooked dinner. I was exhausted by the end of the day. Problem is that my kids were pretty tired after being in school for the first time in. 2 weeks. So everyone was VERY whiney and screaming and wailing and fighting. I lost my cool and yelled at them quite a bit because no one would listen to me. Not my best moment. But today is a new day. It will be rough as we all get used to getting up early and having higher activity levels. so I'll cut myself some slack a bit. Four crabby people is a recipe for disaster so it was bound to happen.

Today is a new day! I have staff meeting and church stuff all day. I plan to walk the kids to school to get my walk in...as I will pick up my daughter in the car on the way home from church. So I will still get one walk in. We have a party tonight with my husband's coworkers so my goal is to make healthy choices. I know where we're going so I plan to look up the menu and pick before I get there. Knowledge is power!

Have a great day everyone!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Valma, sounds like you have a great plan for today and for the future. It's got to be frustrating for you, not being able to do what you could do easily just a few weeks or months ago. You are doing great, IMO.

I didn't get in the exercise I wanted to yesterday as I stayed later at work than I hoped.

I DID stay within my calories though! I think having a big bowl of reasonable low calorie, low sodium, vegetable soup for lunch is really helping. I have got to do this again. I think that next time I go to the store I'll buy a big package of dried beans that can sit out and remind me that soup making is easy, and I have the bowls to store it in, so just do it.

Today is supposed to be puppy class. I'm scheduled to teach an eight week class. However, it's snowing seriously for the first time this year and all the schools have cancelled classes. This may mean that the obedience club will cancel classes, too.

Hope all of you have good days today.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Well I'm a bit envious of all of you who are getting back to the norm, after the holidays (except val, who could probably use less "norm" and more rest/healing time). Today was a holiday (which was great) and school still doesn't restart til Thursday. I'm READY!

Donna, too bad you might not have puppy class...that's got to be fun.

Well, since I do love to run on holidays, that's what I did. It was dry and beautiful out (but chilly and the mountain behind Athens was covered in snow!). I did a super slow run out and back. Mostly downhill out and gradual uphill back. Mostly kept my HR where it needed to be. Didn't feel at all like I'd run afterwards. Ankles slightly sore, but no more than on days I exercise them hard at the gym. They feel like they are getting conditioned. I've totally re-worked my program to do the Maximum Aerobic Function (heart rate training). Thanks to Laura for reminding me of that. I had resolved to try it in September, but then I had all these problems and forgot. I'm excited about it. I just hope the bit about burning fat is true! ;-)
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to check in... have massive headache. Going to eye doc on Thurs, I think might be vision related.
  • jenmck5
    jenmck5 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Tuesday - a much better day to exercise it turned out. I wasn't sure if I would get a real workout in, so while at school waiting for son to finish basketball practice I walked stairs again for 15 minutes. But husband helped fix dinner so I could do my workout. Power 10, which was 10 moves for 4 rounds. It was pretty tough, but managed ok. Then we had TKD, but helped new white belt. Reached over 10,000 steps had too many calories left, decided not to eat all the extra.
    -
    Have a good day!