Day 2:

Options
vhuber
vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
Day 2 went well. I had such of a headache day one & I don't blame it on clean eating. Maybe since I am not much of a drinker it was from the 2 large glasses of wine on New Years Eve. Today I had a vegetable omelet with bits of steak in it. A late lunch of chicken rolled in seasoned almond meal (is almond meal legal?) browned in coconut oil. I then riced cauliflower, chopped onion, celery, & mushrooms & browned them in the chicken drippings while the chicken baked along with 1/2 an orange. It was VERY good!
I am content & will settle with a small protein along with a vegetable for dinner tonite.
I also got in a tough workout today!

Replies

• sexykima
    sexykima Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great job vhuber! The chicken sounds delicious, and yes, almond meal is legal!!! Haha!
  • eahouston
    eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Day 2 went well. Mostly leftovers from yesterday. But... I already cooked up a couple dishes for the next several days, so I'm excited :)
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I am still on track today! No dairy nor junk food! They brought in more chips at work too!!! (one of my weaknesses!) Then I was staring down some tater tots in the freezer there too (another weakness)!! I did not cave, I WILL do this!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Way to go ya all!!!
  • knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Survived day 2 lol. Today was my first day back and work and there was STILL a ton of junk food on the kitchen table (cookies, candy, chocolate coated things - ugh). I avoided it like the plague and only went in there to fill my water bottle and get my healthy lunch out of the fridge.

A lady at work brought in a citrus zinger water bottle. Has anyone else seen these? It's a water bottle with a mini juicer cone attached to a bottom part that screws off. The bottle holds 16 oz. and you basically have fresh lemon, lime, orange, etc. infused with your water. I was so impressed I practically ran to the store after work to buy one. This will help me tremendously in trying to stay away from Diet Coke!
  • Slaphapy74
    Options
    I have had a headache for the past 2 days as well. I am sure its from not eating sugar. Tonight my head is feeling better though. hopefully tomorrow it will be gone.
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Did really well until socializing. I think I will chalk this up to experience and remember not to have visitors when I am doing a whole30! Today's food was very wholesome - nuts, then beef mince and carrots, goodness I am unimaginative. Dinner downfall was a glass of red wine and blue cheese burger with brioche bun. Ate half the bun, half the fat fries, all the coleslaw. If it was the primal thing, well probably would have come under my 20% non primal. Am putting the whole30 on hold now until my visitor leaves, so will be doing a whole28...
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    This is day 2 for me, started late, but instead of the carb flu, I think i'm coming down with the real one, boo :'(
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to the party...today is day 2 for me. Something about Monday makes it a better start day for me! I didn't post anything for day one, but I did just fine. Got my workout done this morning, and so far eating very well....eggs/spinach/garlic/salsa scrambled in coconut oil with a side of strawberries for breakfast....lunch is leftover crockpot beef stew stuff...all legal! Go me! Go us!