About ME... Introduction

Options
So, my name is Paula, I am 41 and I would love to shed about 30 pounds or so. I have this pattern of losing and gaining. It seems that every time I gain it is so much hard to get rid of the weight the next time around. SO, I am really hoping this is my last time!!

Replies

• kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Jeannine here, I'm 52, married with two kids age 24 & 26. I'm definitely a yo yoer too. Lost about 30 lbs here a few years ago and gained it all back. Right now I'm doing the wheat belly diet which is no grains, no sugar and higher healthy fats and lots veggies. I don't generally go for eliminating food groups but I had a major swelling problem over the summer and gained 15 lbs in 2 weeks. My thyroid was out of whack (I've had hypothyroidism for 25 yrs) . Happened to see people talking about this in fb and how it helped with swelling so I thought I'd give it a try. It actually worked and I could get my shoes back on. So been doing it for a few months. We' ll see how it goes. Over the last month I've added walking so hoping that helps too. Glad to have the support of this group!!!!!!
  • paulagold2015
    paulagold2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeannine! I would love to be able to see your food tracker. I would really love to lose (for good) these 30lbs well. I know that I felt really good when I was 30 lbs lighter. I am NOT looking for a modeling contract and true be told even after losing 30 lbs, per that stupid obesity chart, I think I am still considered overweight!

I am really looking forward to taking this journey with you!