Private Group

Options
GrokRockStar
GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
I mentioned starting a private group sometime last year, but didn't have much takers. So it's time to revisit.
To clarify, this group was set up to supplement OA, not to replace it. Most people prefer to remain anonymous, which is why posting publicly is problematic. I planned on starting a private group, where people can post freely and only group members can view and respond to posts.

If interested, please chime in, or message me and I will move forward.

Happy Thanksgiving, and have a great, abstinent day!

Replies

• sanddollar
    sanddollar Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'd be willing to join. :smiley:
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Thanks Sandollar! I hope that we get more takers!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    I thought this group was a private group that only members could reply to.....I'd participate in a group that was about sharing using OA principles.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Barbiecat, this group isn't private as anyone can join it and view posts. A private group would only be visible by members. The group would be specific to OA principals, thanks for your feedback.
  • MichelleOnWheels
    MichelleOnWheels Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would join. Do you have a FB group? There would probably be more activity there. I am in some OA based groups there, but not a Secret one, although I know they exist. Just my 2 cents about groups on MFP, they are not as accessible, and would be better if our group messages popped up on phones or notices about them on our home pages, but I know that is a MFP issue, not a group issue at this point.
  • Sara13CH
    Sara13CH Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I would join :)
  • sanddollar
    Options
    I agree with michellesema.. a private group on facebook would be more easily accessible, at least for those on facebook.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    I'm not really on FB, i'm on here more. l'll start one here and if no one signs up, then I'll shut it down, no biggie.
  • MichelleOnWheels
    MichelleOnWheels Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I use a FB group called 12 steps and 9 tools. I used to be in others but they got too big, too much advice giving, too much about dieting and eating disorder treatment. Please add me if you start a private group.
  • sanddollar
    Options
    GrokRockStar - Did you start the private group on MFP?
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Not yet, I was hoping for more interest, but that's okay, I'll start one this week and will post here and prob in the main forum to let folks know. Thanks for the reminder!
  • PhatD
    PhatD Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'd join

• sanddollar
    Options
    Ok, thanks for the update!