Mom and Teacher Needing Accountability!

Options
jenediger
jenediger Posts: 10 Member
I have been a teacher for 10 years, and my husband and I adopted 3 kiddos two years ago. I had been in a good routine until the kids arrived, and I have never gotten my stride back. I used to work out every day after school on my way home, but now I rush home so I can rush through homework and then rush to get supper ready. By the time the kids go to bed, I usually have work to finish and then I am exhausted! I know that if I start by keeping track of my food and setting a goal of 10,000 steps a day, I will be able to get back on track. I just need some accountability and inspiration :)

Replies

• lizpierce217
    lizpierce217 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is so hard if you have to keep up with calories and such. The prep work and such can really get you down. Exercise with kids is not the same, but I do it anyway. One of them always needs to stop and tie a shoe or show you something just as you are getting your heartrate up. Once I have 3 kids in school I feel like I will have more time to exercise on my own!
  • jenediger
    Options
    I have tried a couple of times to have the kiddos work out with me, but that ends up poorly - a very memorable Yoga experience ruined that for me! Lol. I had a plan to take the kids to the Y for gymnastics while I did something in the cardio room...maybe I need to revisit that idea!

Jen
  • eshirring
    eshirring Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also a teacher with two kids, my baby is 9 months and I need to get myself back on track! I'm having a much harder time fitting in workouts than I did when my daughter was the same age. My biggest problem, though, is that I've spent too long telling myself is ok to snack all evening because I'm burning calories nursing. I certainly need some accountability to keep me on track!
  • jenediger
    Options
    I have really been paying attention lately to my "hungry" times of day, so I try to save some calories for that time. For me, I do pretty well until about 2:00 in the afternoon. Then I am hungry the rest of the day! I have tried to really increase my water intake and choose snacks that are high in protein. Evenings are so hard!
  • dylangrrrrl
    dylangrrrrl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi magnallfamily!
    I also work full time and am a mom (of two ages 3 and 1) it is really difficult to find time to exercise. I'm starting with determining my food needs and like you are trying to save calories for protien/carb combos in the afternoon. I also have trouble with blood sugar lows with our family dinner at 7pm so am trying an early mini dinner at 5pm tomorrow and a smaller portion of family dinner. Add me if you want to compare notes- my diary is open. Good luck on your journey!
  • calcote05
    calcote05 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I'm a school counselor and have 2 children. My daughter is 5 and my son is 2. I ran after school 3 days a week before I had my son, but can't seem to get back on track. My principal lets me run during our teachers' planning period if we don't have a meeting, but right now it is so cold!! After school is always a rush! Pick up son from babysitter, homework, supper, baths, bed (for kids), then I start on my house work. I can handle the exercise part of this journey, but I REALLY need encouragement with my diet! Please add me and maybe we can help each other out!
  • jenediger
    Options
    I am so glad to have some other people to help keep me on track!
  • cbuege1
    cbuege1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! We are also an adoptive (and foster) family! Nice to meet you. Evenings are hard for us, too. Not just with food, but with everything. Hang in there!
  • lorim621
    lorim621 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I am a teacher as well. I have 8 year old twin boys. I am pretty good with the workouts... I need accountability when it comes to my diet. A trainer at the gym told me that diet is 80% of weight loss... I need to get better at preparing ahead of time so that I just don't grab what is close! Love reading all of your posts.
  • This is so cool to have a forum like this. I love reading everyone's posts. I have been super motivated today, Thanks guys.