any fitbit users?

Options
ketpatt
ketpatt Posts: 16 Member
Just curious to see if anyone uses fitbit here.
Since I started JMBR I am not able to talk as much and these workouts are not great at giving a lot of steps..

Replies

• miriams76
    miriams76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I find the regular strength workouts on my device (not a fitbit) record about 800 steps but the cardio records about 3000. My device rarely has significant numbers on non-running/walking activity. I wouldn't rely on it as an accurate measure of how hard you're working. You could walk all day and not get your heart rate up at all.
  • cbraun133
    cbraun133 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes, Im wearing my fitbit during the JMBR workouts. It logs as 85 calories for the phase 1 workout and 175 for the cardio 1. Hope this helps...I went on the treadmill until I was able to reach 350 calories burned total for my workout. Im currently on day 3 and really enjoying it.
  • Soybeaner
    Soybeaner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I use a BodyMedia Link. It is showing around 200 calories for my height & weight during phase 1 work outs. It's not a lot. I run a few days a week to increase my calorie burn. Nothing like 3 miles to knock back 350 calories for me!
  • RS3khon
    RS3khon Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've always been curious about fitbit! i heard the heart rate fitbit has been released. I'm going to wait and see what the reviews say about it though. i currently use the polar ft4 heart rate monitor (watch + chest strap) and its been showing roughly 250-300 cals burned for my height and weight for the workouts.
  • ketpatt
    ketpatt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your responses everyone. I agree that fitbit is not accurate on that front. I am also very curious to see reviews on the fitbit HR.. I am not going to rely on the fitbit numbers during JMBR. But on other days its a good motivator to get moving specially for someone who is sitting at a desk all day.
  • cbraun133
    cbraun133 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Im totally relying on my fitbit for the JMBr workouts because it is more accurate. Ive done the 30 day shred etc, and was logging way too many calories burned.
  • kay182
    kay182 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm using a heart rate monitor tomorrow and will let you know what my burned calories are! I got one so I could actually log the accurate amount. Of course, it depends on the person but it will at least give us an idea.

I agree w/ the fitbit - I don't bother/worry about the lack of steps tracked because I know it's not going to track many in the strength workouts. I was ok with that when I purchased i because I read up that the fibit/wrist trackers weren't super accurate with heart rate and if you really wanted to know, you need a HRM with a chest strap.
  • kay182
    kay182 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ok here's how my steps and calories break down for the past 2 workouts:
    Day 1 workout: 500 steps, 225 calories via HRM
    Day 2 workout & Cardio 1 (did both today to make up for missing a workout earlier this week): 3,000 steps (me puttering around, getting dressed and to end of workout).
    Workout 2 burned 215 calories, Cardio burned 239 calories.