Post Week 1 Day 1...

Options
Anyone else having a hard time walking up stairs (walking in general)? I had hoped to get a 5k in today but have a feeling simply walking for 45 minutes will be enough! Day 1 kicked my butt more than I thought it would.

Replies

• JLWright73
    JLWright73 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My legs aren't nearly as sore as they were the first time I tried the workout a few weeks ago. I think because the first time I used a chair for my bench so I was stepping up pretty high. This time I used my Fanny Lifter from The Firm so it was a shorter step. I am definitely feeling it in my knees though. They are what is bothering me the most on stairs today. Lunges tend to bother my knees, but I sucked it up and did them yesterday. I made them static lunges though to make it more bearable.
  • Paiger816
    Paiger816 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I basically sucked at the workout yesterday. I was dying, so I shut off the timer and ran through all 4 sets at my own pace. I started it with the 7 minute timer and almost died. I'm not as sore as I should honestly be. I think I may try it again tonight.

I also have sucky knees so the squats and jumps are not my friend.
  • kwann1
    kwann1 Posts: 17
    Options
    I don't think I'm as 'set up' as I should be... was using the kitchen chair for my step ups and 8 lb weights for my lunges when I should have used lower for both. What are you doing today for exercise? I'm going to try to jog but I think it'll be more like a fast walk at this point!!
  • JLWright73
    Options
    Paige,

I have a mini-trampoline I do the jumps and stuff on. It really helps take the impact off my knees. My knees bothering me has just started within the last year so I'm hoping they will improve with the exercise.

For my workout today I am just going to walk on the treadmill. That has been my go-to cardio for almost a year now because it doesn't bother my knees at all. What's funny is I was doing all kinds of high-impact cardio and stuff prior to that and my weight wouldn't budge. When I switched to LISS I ended up losing ten pounds without even changing my eating in any way. I'm hoping that the LISS combined with Kayla's workouts will work some magic on the remaining weight.
  • lolrockett
    lolrockett Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey just restarted BBG yesterday. Only ever did it in bits and pieces before so I'm trying to get more consistency.
    I was wondering how you got on with legs week one? How many sets of each circuit could you manage in the 7 minutes? I could only manage one and half of each for the first three and only one for the last. Is that normal? What should I be aiming for?
    SO SORE :)
  • Paiger816
    Paiger816 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm shoveling snow for LISS today. Useful and a workout!
    JLWright73 wrote: »
    Paige,

I have a mini-trampoline I do the jumps and stuff on. It really helps take the impact off my knees. My knees bothering me has just started within the last year so I'm hoping they will improve with the exercise.

I may have to get one. Do you jump up onto the trampoline from the floor, or just do the squat jumps all on the trampoline? Thanks for the tip. :)
  • kwann1
    kwann1 Posts: 17
    Options
    lolrockett wrote: »
    How many sets of each circuit could you manage in the 7 minutes? I could only manage one and half of each for the first three and only one for the last. Is that normal? What should I be aiming for?

Same as you! I feel like my legs are bruised they hurt so much... I'm looking forward to arms/abs tomorrow and light walking on Thursday. Hopefully they will be in better shape for Friday.
  • JLWright73
    Options
    lolrockett wrote: »
    Hey just restarted BBG yesterday. Only ever did it in bits and pieces before so I'm trying to get more consistency.
    I was wondering how you got on with legs week one? How many sets of each circuit could you manage in the 7 minutes? I could only manage one and half of each for the first three and only one for the last. Is that normal? What should I be aiming for?

I did the exact same amount of sets you did! Sounds like we are at a similar starting point.

Paige - I just do the jumps on the trampoline. I just have a cheapie Gold's Gym one I got at Walmart, but it does the job. I'm not about spending hundreds of dollars on a trampoline/rebounder. LOL!
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Oh...u am not looking forward to the arms and abs workout. Those tricep dips murder me. Almost puked with the burpees. I got thru each circuit 2x an thru the first move of each for a third time. Had to rest the max 90 sec between and felt like dying. But I've even working on squat and lunge form for the last 9 mo. If your knees hurt focus on form more than volume.
  • Talirae9
    Talirae9 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late here but I'm excited to see this group! I'll be following the workout plans as recommended in her guide so did the legs and cardio workout Monday and arms and abs yesterday. My legs weren't as sore as they were the first time I did the same workout a while ago. I can walk! Boy did I find out my arms are weak after yesterday. I fell to knee pushups after only like 4 regular push ups. BUT! It's a starting point. I know I'll get stronger - everywhere! I just got a treadmill too so I've decided that I could get up at 5:30 every morning and do LISS. Then I'll do the strength workouts at night on designated days from home. Cant hurt! We'll see how that goes.

Best of luck everyone! Keep at it and I look forward to seeing everyone's results!